Update...yeesh.

A dad

Yeah...what Jabber said. I am worried he'll buy for minors and get caught. He's so willing to do things to have "friends". He used to give everyone rides when he had the car, share anything the owned. Now he'll be old enough to legally be the one buying the beer. I can see him hosting parties, just to have "friends".
Well I have the opposite does not want or needs friends he is cheap I mean really cheap he will not give anything he has for others anything does not share does not give money does not give anything. Alchool hell not he does not like it and cost to much money, drugs cost money, gas costs money not car gas stove gas he cut the gas until winter says its a waste of money no car because it costs money he is a basically a cheap hermit.
Look at the bright side you have a son that while he needs companionship too much he will always keep in touch with you mine does not and in his words translated he said "I can not care less about you." Not exactly this words its translated from my native language but that is what it means.
Trust me it can be way worse in the other extreme I do not know if comparing which extreme is worse help but hey I like giving the good side.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When I worked and lived in Chicago, and still smoked, I would often stop off at specific convenience store for a couple packs of smokes, and a bottle of import beer.

It was like running a reception line of teenagers to get into the place what with all of them offering money if I'd go in and buy a carton of smokes and a couple of cases of beer for them. Nope.

Stu, my husband, had a real embarassing time with that. About 5 blocks from our house was a liquor store specializing in European beer. Stu used to trundle down there occasionally to pick up a few German or Belgian beers, in his scooter.

One evening, as he was locking up the scooter, and unfolding his walker, a boy of about 10 years came over to him and offered Stu "oral services" out behind the store, if Stu would buy him a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka!

Stu nearly fell over. Of course he said no, but he said he couldn't get the youngster's face out of his mind, and the idea of a boy that young prostituting himself for liquor...Well, Stu gave him 20 dollars and a card for a youth shelter a few blocks away.

New Leaf

Me, 12, Jefferson Airplane, Credence Clearwater, Beatles.....etc......

I must confess to a mad crush when I was 9 on Davy Jones from the Monkeys......
05_monkees.jpg

Ahhhh memories.
Life seemed to go by so slowly back then.

Do you guys remember being oh so young and never worrying about getting older?

Here I am going on 57, where did the years go? Just flew by..........
Dang kids, wake up, your future is coming faster than you think.........

leafy

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Stones, CCR, Joan Baez, Jefferson Airplane,ELP, Klezmer (Jewish Bluegrass basically), Old protest songs from WWI and WWII. I loved the folk of the 60s and 70s. I love chant, celtic music, Led Zeppelin, though more their acoustic stuff these days. I've gotten a bit away from the heavy metal scene

New Leaf

Yah, GN, good variety.
Hey we hijacked your thread Lil, sorry.
Funny Albie, yes it was a song to forget...:thumbsdown:
GN, and anybody else, I will move this on over to the Watercooler.....

Lil

And he didn't go to work again. I asked him why he tells me? Call his boss, they're the one that may fire him.

Of course, he didn't. They called me. I called him and told him. They sounded a bit pissed. He seems to think it's going to be just fine because he can find another job. Never mind that this one is giving him 35 hours a week and works with him so he has no trouble getting to work and back. :(

Come on kid! Head out of your behind! :sigh:

Oh...and I was only 8 when Chickaboom came out. Still listening to whatever my parents did.

Last edited:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
What reasons is he giving for not going to work? I am beginning to wonder about substance abuse playing a big role in this. Would he be open to you or Jabber about that?

Lil

What reasons is he giving for not going to work? I am beginning to wonder about substance abuse playing a big role in this. Would he be open to you or Jabber about that?

No. He wouldn't.

Friday before last he called in sick. Then last Monday was his no-call/no-show. Tuesday was the car wreck. Wednesday I took him to the ER. He worked Thursday, Friday and Monday. Today he says his back is bothering him.

All I know is he isn't going to be able to pay the bills and I won't pay them for him.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
All I know is he isn't going to be able to pay the bills and I won't pay them for him.

That sounds like the ideal way to handle it. Let him face the consequences of his actions(or inaction) as any adult would have to.

Some of the timing of him being high, being sick, being unable to work, sounds like he may abusing a stimulant of some sort, all of which have an ugly, nasty physical and mental crash when they wear off.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I know. And that's the heartbreaking thing about all this. You sort of have to sit by and watch your beloved child destroy himself while your hands are tied to do anything positive to help him.

It's almost like watching a slow death except there's no end to the pain.