Update

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
difficult child saw Devped and Psyche (seperate appointments) in the past few days.
They independantly agreed we have to get on top of his behavior. DevPed wants to up Risperdal (she knows better than to suggest another ADD medication). Psyche, independantly, advised the same. We're maxing him out on Risperdal Don't want to, but I don't have any other options.
Psyche is still on Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) or Developmental Delays diagnosis, even tho other docs don't agree and they've "proven he doesn't have Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)" several times. Whatever.
IHBT came last week and I didn't even attempt to appease her by using her methods. When difficult child started kicking me, I grabbed him firmly, said he was not going to kick me, walked him to his room and locked him in. She finally sees a little positive reinforcement isn't gonna fix this.
Last 4 professionals he has seen have said "you need help" to me. It must be tattooed on my head. But no one can seem to find this help for me.
difficult child is still throwing things at school regularly.
Still waiting on results from the sleep study. Calling today about it.
County comes tonight to write a new plan for services.

Christy

Psyche is still on Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) or Developmental Delays diagnosis, even tho other docs don't agree and they've "proven he doesn't have Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)" several times. Whatever.

Frustrating! My difficult child had a complete neuropsychologist done by Children's Hospital in November. They said no way, no how on the autistic spectrum. Since then, I have had two psychiatrists "diagnose" him as Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified. I see it as well and I think the missing component to the neuro-psychiatric was that the evaluators did not actually see him interacting with peers.

I get the "you need help" line as well, but no one seems to be offering any-LOL!

Good for you for using what works rather than the IHBT suggestion of positive reinforcement. Is that something like "Sweetie, you have such a firm, well-balanced kick, if only my leg were a soccer ball."? Hard to be positive when someone is kicking you!

Good luck with the service plan!
Christy

BusynMember

Sadly, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) is often misdiagnosed. We were also told "no way." But we knew. Going with our gut, we got him the proper interventions, although we DID put him on a lot of medications for other disorders, and I feel badly about that now.
He has had Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)/Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) interventions all his life and is doing great now at fifteen. Go with your gut. Unfortunately, many doctors don't know how to diagnose a Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). We finally found a neuropsychologist who said, "WHO said he doesn't have it???" The older he got, the BETTER he got, but the more obvious his diagnosis became.
I can't believe he lined things up and they said "no way." But I've heard everything from "eye contact to good", "too social" to "he can go from one room to another without raging so he can't have it."
In the end, we were right and I'm glad we treated it.
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kids are VERY high anxiety. VERY. Hard to describe. Good luck.