Update...

Valentine

I took off work early today to go pick up difficult child from treatment facility AND got a phone message from the facility saying since I didnt want to pick him up they would keep him a couple more days:surprise::surprise:... I told her I had arranged to pick him up BUT the therapist here told her I didnt want to. I was floored to say the least so I call the therapist and he tells me that I need to talk to my husband and get on the saqme page:surprise:. I get off the phone and talk to husband who tells he had a convo with the therapist and told him LOOK its not safe for him to come home because of the homicidal thoughts about killing us. husband asked him where to take him so the therapist read that we didnt want him:surprise:. So difficult child is staying a couple more days at center and we have a wrap around meeting about placement in a PRTF tomorrow and they already have a bed available. We will go to get him and take him there.

M

ML

Gentle hugs. I'm sorry your family is going through crisis. The safey of yourselves and the other children are a real concern. It's an extremely difficult spot you are in. My heart and prayers go out to you. Love, ML

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm glad you have a plan to get him someplace where you all are safe.

SO sorry you have to go thru this.

slsh

member since 1999
Valentine - while it must have been beyond disconcerting to have all the miscommunication going on Wednesday morning, it sounds like maybe this will have a positive result for your family. I hope the mtg yesterday went well and that difficult child is in a good placement - let us know an update when you have time. In the meantime, please remember to take care of *yourself*. It's extremely stressful to have to place a child out of the home - you and husband and the other kiddos need some TLC.

Hugs!

LittleDudesMom

Sorry about the miscommunication, but glad you found a place for difficult child to go. Hopefully this will be a start to mend the family.

Sharon

TerryJ2

Oh, jeez. I would have blown my top.
Well, now that you know what's going on, I hope things settle down and you get some good help.
Hugs.