UPDATED:::CATA Group- New thread!

susiestar

Roll With It
I bet this is a trial where the jury later says 'If we knew THAT it would have changed everything!'

This is a travesty, in my opinion. I would like to hear their opinions if they choose to talk. I bet they can make a ton of $$ if they want it. Personally I would not pass on the $$. largely because there may be riots (this is something that Orlando actually has prepared for from several things I have read) and they may be blamed for them.

I am aghast. Now there is NO reason for a difficult child to change her behaviors. I bet she doesn't go live at home again though. Not after accusing me of abuse anyway. Not if she was my kid. but with these people, who knows.

Is she pregnant? Jess heard something about that.

WHAT???? HOW COULD THEY? ...I guess she'll sell her story and make millions. Along with the rest of the family.

klmno

Yeah, I think I need that meeting today.

She can be home in a few months or less. Did you notice George and Cindy walk out before the judge had finished talking? I guess they need to go figure out what they are going to do with her now. And when she has another child, I don't want to hear a word about Cindy being controlling.

I'm stunned. I hope they talk- I really want to hear how they came to this conclusion. With OJ, I hinestly believe the prosecution botched their presentation of the entire case. With this one, I think the prosecution was awesome. Really, who do these people think killed Caylee? Do they honestly think she died in the pool?

Wasn't that Yuri Melich in the courtroom? I never understood before but now, finally, I can see why a cop doesn't bother pursuing an issue when a family member calls up in panic.

This case will have an effect on a whole lot of things.

So, my son gets more time incarcerated than Casey? Really.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Her smile suppression during the whole thing was just...disturbing.

I'm with MM...I couldn't say for sure what she was guilty of, either; however, I feel strongly she did something, and it must have been bad, considering the great lengths she went to to cover it up. And obviously, so did the jury. The charges just didn't fit what they could pin her with.

Her parents did not look happy at all, either.

I bet she gets taken out, anyway. Is it wrong to hope that?

Mattsmom277

Apparently she can't be given jail time on these misdamenours and she will be released Thursday. Someone on t.v. said if her lawyer had demanded she walk today the judge would probably have released her.

susiestar

Roll With It
I think it is pretty sick that she is skating. But the jury doesn't get the entire picture and they don't get the media spin that we do, so maybe they had reasons. I think if/when she has another kid her mom will fall into the "some stranger took Caylee" and forgive Casey totally. But I do NOT think George will ever get over his suspicion. Or let her go 30 days with-o letting him see his other grandkids. I do hope that Casey hasn't ruined Lee's relationship with his parents, though I could see from his point of view how he might not want anything to do with them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can't say that I'm surprised. I said they would find her not guilty and they did. Anyone care to say I'm a nut now?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Star, you're a nut.

I'm not shocked, either; however, I still think she's guilty as hades...just not sure exactly of what. You don't go to those lengths to cover up nothing.

klmno

I think the law says 1 year max for each count however, she gets to claim time served for the time she's been in jail awaiting trial and they say that has been over 3 years already, unlike juveniles held in the state I'm in. They get no credit for being locked up while awaiting trial or sentencing.

Now Baez is trying to turn this into a death penalty discussion- whether she got the death penalty or not was an entirely different question.

I simply don't understand how anyone can come to the conclusion that Casey had nothing to do with this child's death but she's only guilty of lying to law enforcement about it.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm not that surprised. I think there just wasn't enough evidence to convict, based on everything I read/heard/saw.

I will say that when they replayed that jail phone call the other day in closing arguments (literally the only live part of the trail I even watched, because I hapened to be home), she sounded *just* like Oldest used to when she was at her worst. Manipulative, self-centered, and bossy.

Malika

An extraordinary verdict. I feel it shows the strict fairness and integrity of the jury in one sense, in the sense that the prosecution has not proven that Casey killed Caylee. And yet... and yet... one feels her guilt. In whatever manner. This is the judicial system, and I guess one has to accept that even if one does not agree with the verdict reached.

donna723

If all she was convicted of was lying to the police and if they give her credit for time served, she could walk right out of there! But where is she going to go? Can she just go home to her parents house and all is forgiven and act like nothing ever happened?

klmno

I think her parents are trying to figure all that out right now, Donna. Can you imagine? She did just get found guilty of lying to law enforcement and nothing else and she can get credit for time served and she can be released on Thurs- not saying she will but that it's a very real possibility.

Really, even if her own parents don't think this was enough....and they would have pleaded for her life.