UPDATED:::CATA Group- New thread!

klmno

In response to DJ: No kidding- and weren't those charges by her parents and wasn't it her parents that called them in? But my gut tells me that everyone is so sympathetic toward her because they are blaming the parents.

And WTH- if all she was guilty of was not protecting her child and she's willing to throw her family under the bus when they have supported her and her child, why then didn't she come up with someone who actually did kill Caylee- who exactly is the person that Casey didn't protect her her from? Or is Casey protecting someone, out of the goodness of her heart, at the same time she wouldn't protect her daughter and threw her own family members under the bus? But she's only guilty of not protecting her daughter from "some other mysterious person"?? Seriosuly??

donna723

Janet, I had heard about the six felony check charges but they have never said much about it. Did she ever do any time over those convictions before all this happened or was that all pending when this came up?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
And WTH- if all she was guilty of was not protecting her child and she's willing to throw her family under the bus when they have supported her and her child, why then didn't she come up with someone who actually did kill Caylee- who exactly is the person that Casey didn't protect her her from?

If you are responding to my post...

I mean, she could have been sentenced for "not protecting" under the logic that SHE had custody of the child at the time of death or disappearance. Then any particular scenario would not have to be proven - just that Casey did not act the way a reasonable person would have behaved if they were protecting a child.

BusynMember

Can you imagine living with the knowledge that you have caused, deliberately or not, the death of your own child? I do not think it is an enviable position to be in, I truly do not... The punishment of one's own mind and conscience can almost be worse than external punishment.
But it is understandable that people feel justice has not been served.

If you are a sociopath? She won't bat an eye, just like she went out and partied the day that she supposedly (cough, cough) was shown Caylee's drowned, dead body by George who yelled, "SEE WHAT YOU DID?" (Ask me if I believe that one).

I watched the entire trial and read a book about this case before it was tried (Mommys Little Girl...don't remember the author). I guess Casey is lucky I wasn't on the jury. I felt they proved her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. And, just like OJ did, I believe she will offend again and end up in jail like he is. And there will be no other trial regarding Caylee's death because everyone knows Casey did it, even if they can't say so.

I am feeling poorly about our justice system today, but I also know the old saying that it's the worst in the world...except for every other one :)

Malika

Maybe that's the rose-coloured glasses bit, that I think Casey will suffer for what she has done...
But even if she does not suffer internally, I have a serious feeling that she may herself be murdered, by someone who feels driven to enact "revenge".

DDD

Truthfully I thought Mason's comments were on target. The television media picked up where the newspapers began in 2008. Casey was tried and convicted over and over again. It's been a feeding frenzy of publicity geared to sell papers, magazines and television time. Practically speaking I think that Caylee has been utilized by the press and that's sick. Under similar circumstances with a poor family, from an underprividged background the chances are slim that anyone would know or care about it.

I did admire the way the post Court press conference was handled by the Orange County leaders. It was appropriate to say "our people did their best" the "Jury has spoken". Tomorrow we go back to work trying to solve ??? pending murder cases including ??? children. Yep...do any of know those unnamed, unpictured children who are dead? No way.

As I've said numerous times before I don't think Casey is "innocent" but it was not proven. Time to move on. I agree with Star that it would be wonderful if it resulted in improved mental health care. It would be awesome if people began to volunteer to serve as child advocates for abused and neglected children transferring their energies to a positive path for the thousands who are still alive but in need of help. That would be a way to honor Caylee. DDD

PS: Now they are making it seem like a crime for the Defense to celebrate their victory. The earned it!

H

HaoZi

I have a serious feeling that she may herself be murdered, by someone who feels driven to enact "revenge".

So do I. And I will celebrate when it happens, and I hope the person who does it walks free, too.

klmno

DDD- I am honestly interested in knowing how you think Caylee died, specifically, and who was present at the time. If you care to share, I really would like to know. I think it could give us all great insight into how this jury reached this verdict.

H

HaoZi

DDD- I am honestly interested in knowing how you think Caylee died, specifically, and who was present at the time. If you care to share, I really would like to know. I think it could give us all great insight into how this jury reached this verdict.

Based on what we heard about how the jury acted, it sounds like they think she is guilty but that what the state was trying to prove wasn't backed up enough for the specific charges filed. Maybe if they had thrown 2nd or 3rd degree on the table as backups they'd have gotten it.

Nancy

DDD I don't think people think it's a crime for the defense to be celebrating their victory. I think rather they feel it is very insensitive. There is still a child that is dead, a family that is torn apart. There is no celebration for them. If the state had won would we feel good about them drinking champaign and partying? They could have celebrated in private. There were plenty of places for them to go that would have been more private and respectful.

People move on when they get a chance to vent their feelings, when they have a chance to process their feelings, and when they can reflect on what just happened and make sense of it.

Nancy

Nancy

HaoZi I wish they had gone with Murder 2 or 3 too. I wish they had offered her a plea. I wish they had included abuse of a corpse. You just never know what a jury will do and that does not mean I think the jury did not act honestly and in good faith, you just never know. I also can't help but think this case was lost by that policeman who did not believe Roy Kronk when he first told them what he saw.

Nancy

Malika

People move on when they get a chance to vent their feelings.

Yes, that is true. People do need to see justice done - sadly, it very often is not in terms of man's inhumanity to man - and that is important. Bizarrely, although the jurors followed the due procedures in their decision-making, it kind of shows the limitations of our western justice system.

I'd never heard of Casey Anthony before I came to the forum. Then I got interested, started watching the case, was seriously following it (sometimes to the detriment of the rest of my life, like others here :) ) I do feel compassion for Casey and I know that will be misunderstood by some here, but so be it. I also feel a strange sense of being let down or disappointed or angered or something that she has not been found guilty of at least manslaughter. This is what has happened, however. This is how it is, this is what those jurors found.

And I do feel some personal... what... fear, foreboding, however vague? My son is only 4 and is as sweet as they come, with lots of qualities... but... he has a violent temper, he seems to lie without compunction or hesitation at times. It is my greatest fear that he could go the wrong way and my greatest hope that we can avoid that, find some other way for him. This case perhaps resonates for us more deeply than for others, as has been said.

BusynMember

Maybe that's the rose-coloured glasses bit, that I think Casey will suffer for what she has done...
But even if she does not suffer internally, I have a serious feeling that she may herself be murdered, by someone who feels driven to enact "revenge".

Are you talking about karma? Because this is a strong part of my religious beliefs, although I believe you can get it either on earth or in the next world in which we reside. Maybe because of that, I don't feel so bad about the injustice. Just as OJ did, I believe she will offend again and get her karma or that something will happen to her at the hands of somebody else.

I understand.

I can't see why you being from France should be a problem. Plenty of Americans are quite upset.

klmno

Haoz- those things were on the table. They had lesser charges they could consider, even 3rd degree, manslaughter, or child abuse as options.

I remember watching the OJ case. I was thinking the same thing people are saying about this case (ok, younger than I am now :) ), and I swore the same thing- the state just didn't prove guilt. This many years later, now I think it's a travesty that we all know he did it, logic only tells us that, the prosecution did a horrible job because they threw in "stuff" themselves that created doubt that overcame evidence that did piont to OJ and OJ alone. Someday, people will look back on this and see it as a travesty, IMVHO.

When people have time to stop and think and reflect and question, if Casey didn't do it, then who did? And then question, did the prosecution have evidence to prove it? That is where the question of circumstancial evidence comes in.

I have no idea if DDD's, or anyone else's, opinion is based on having a personal connection with the system in Fl , as suggested in the previous thread. But if it does, I would ask that instead of focusing only on how that system served (or failed) your grandchild (or whomever), consider also if it was your gfgdau on trial and your grandchild had been dead at 2 1/2yo- would you have as much symtpathy if you were the person making the 911 call that Cindy did?

I am sincerely interested in coming to terms with this, in a civilized manner.

H

HaoZi

HaoZi I wish they had gone with Murder 2 or 3 too. I wish they had offered her a plea. I wish they had included abuse of a corpse. You just never know what a jury will do and that does not mean I think the jury did not act honestly and in good faith, you just never know. I also can't help but think this case was lost by that policeman who did not believe Roy Kronk when he first told them what he saw.

Nancy

Fun things about Florida. If I had made a call every time the dogs dragged bones up in the yard they'd have stopped listening to me, too. Think those dogs dragged in a part of most wildlife up to and including deer in size. There's also so many Native burial grounds all over the place it's not even funny, so even if the remains you find are proven to be human, they also have to determine if they're recent enough to be of concern. I don't know if it's like that in other places, but unless it's very obvious the bones you find are human, there's a good chance they'll be ignored because they're all over the place.

DammitJanet

How could she have been serving time for those felonies when all she has done is sit in jail awaiting this trial? So I dont think she has served her time on those unless they wont to give her the time served on them but....those are felonies. I know this because of Cory...and in NC, those are H felonies. Oh...and in NC she could have been charged with both forgery and uttering...dont know if she was or wasnt. I chose not to do that to Cory, I only charged him with uttering. That could be why they have 6 felonies though...dont know.

Oh Dr Drew. Shut up. I dont want to hear about therapy.

How can they all ask what happened to the baby? Baez told everyone what happened according to Casey! She drowned. Then I guess no one knows what happened next for 31 days.

Oh Dr Drew....shut up.

Star*

call 911........call 911
The "dancing in his heart" reference meant - He's already lost his Granddaughter and FWIW tonight his daughter will NOT be going to prison to die. Whether George had a thing to do with this or not? He surely has to feel some sort of expression of relief that his daughter is not going to die -too. I possibly worded that rather ugly. My apologies.

Janet - I have no misconceptions that Caycee is a sick and twisted person. NONE. I am asbolutely convinced that she took her daughters life. I do not belive the alternate theory presented about the drowning accident, so if you asked me do I think she's a demented person yes. Do I think she deserves pity? No. Do I belive what she did was wrong, and she should be punished for it? Yes, yes I do. Did Cayce Anthony in fact get away with murder? Yes, she did. Plain as day. How? The evidence was NOT there to prove how the child died, and if nothing else we also learned from this case that circumstantial evidence will set you free, CSI is a joke, and that show BONES about the Jeffersonian is so beyond science fiction that the next time someone in my house says "Oh they have that technology that's real" I'm going to reach over and slap them, then refer to this case. You dear one, have such a love for children it is immeasurable. I've told you that since before I never met you. WHY do you think that I wrote my papers up that if something EVER happened to ME??? DUDE was to go to a woman I NEVER BLIKININ MET??????? NEVER TALKED TO ON THE PHONE but only emailed....(NOW do you understand HOW incredibly special you are to ME without me EVEN ever having met you?) THAT isn't something that you can fake -it's just THERE. IT's all about you with children.

YOU will be okay - in a few days but right now? LEAVE THE BEAR ALONE. DO NOT POKE THE BEAR. THE BEAR is outraged, this too shall pass. You won't hate her forever. Just for now and that's fine. Mean while? I still love you. And I don't often get to be correct with weird theories.....so pft...whatever there too.

I'm not sure why our world is so unjust but you have to step back and look at the BIG BIG picture - this is NOT the only unjust murder in the world.........If anything good can come of it? Maybe just maybe it will make YOU take ONE MINUTE every time you go INTO walmart and LOOK at the wall of the REALLY missing kids....or NOT throw out the flyers that come with the mint-money magazines....that have their HAVE YOU SEEN ME? PICTURES....DO NOT LET THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR LIFE FOR BAD THAT YOU COULD USE FOR GOOD ....life is too short.

that's all I'm trying to get across.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Klmno...you said there were lesser charges on the table? I thought the jury could only convict of what the state was charging, and they charged murder 1? Does the jury have the freedom to find her not guilty of murder 1 but then charge her with something else, instead?

Because I can see how they didn't convict her on murder 1. They had tons of circumstantial evidence, but nothing that really sealed the deal on how Caylee died. And without that, you really can't get murder 1.

I agree the state should have sought a lesser charge. Then I think they jury probably could have convicted her with what they had.

DammitJanet

Ok...now I know the jurors were just ignorant. They got 12 of the most idiotic jurors in America.

They believed Lee over his parents on how the pets were buried even though he said he didnt remember but two of them? And they actually let that be a main part of the deliberations? Really? And they didnt believe George because Baez said stuff about the sex abuse but oh they believed Cindy even though she lied through her teeth! Ummm...really? And a bunch more stupid stuff that I cant even remember to type right now because my head is so full of anger and hate right now that I cant even think right now. I even called Jamie up and blasted him up about how stupid all law enforcement is!