upper stomach pain

buddy

Heart symptoms in women esp can present oddly. So worth checking out. That said, aleve etc has caused terrible heartburn sharp pain through to my back...the worst was when I esophogeal ulcers.

bby31288

I'm debating going to er. I know it's not gallbladder because they removed that already about 12 years ago. As far as kidney it is more upper back pain.

InsaneCdn

It may be GERD... in which case a walk-in or short-notice appointment would be fine, but...
It "could" be heart, and that isn't something to fool around with.

ctmom05

I had a heart attack 9 years ago, when I was 49. From that experience I learned how important it is to not ignore physical symptoms that you either don't understand or can't believe they're happening to you.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Go to the ER, women's heart attack symptoms are all over the map, entirely different then men's and time is a factor. Better to be safe. Be safe........

Nancy

My difficult child had severe pain in that area and she did go to the ER. It turned out to be a bad kidney infection. From how she was describing the pain I didn't even consider kidney because it was in the stomach but that's what it turned out to be. But better be safe than sorry.

Can you go to an urgent care?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Every day you wait and wonder.........is a day that you could be on a path to knowing and getting better. GET THEE TO A DOCTOR.......and get better. DO NOT CALL ME AT 911.......okay? Please go you are very important and needed.
Hugs and Love
Star

bby31288

Hey all. I'm home. They wanted me to stay. But we have that storm coming. Apparently I'm having a bout of diverticulitis. Clear liquids for the next few days. Then follow up with gastro for the dreaded colonoscopy. Possible endoscope also. Thanks for your concern. I'm gonna lay in bed.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you got checked and know what it is. Follow doctor orders and take care of you right now. Feel better soon.

Hugs

TerryJ2

I'm glad you got it checked out. Feel better! I hope, after the storm, you can get some long-term care and relief.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I have diverticilutis and its no fun. Make sure when you do go back to eating, until you get your colon tested, to stay away from fiber - no beans, no nuts, nothing with seeds (like tomatoes - they all get stuck in those holes) Did they give you any antibiotics - make sure to take them if they did. Drink lots of water and keep stress at bay

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you got checked out. Diverticulitis is nothing to mess around with. I know the scopes are NOT fun, but they are crucial. I hope the docs help you feel better soon.

(((((gentle hugs)))))

bby31288

Yes. I got antibiotics also. It's very painful. My mom has it. But she had bleeding not pain with hers. I feel crappy. My stomach hurts even walking and we still have no power. I don't feel much like even clear liquids. But my stomach hurts when I feel hungry. Thanks all for your support.

DammitJanet

When you go to get the scopes, make sure you tell them you are a big baby and want to have general anesthesia and just get them both done at once. I had general for mine and let me tell you, I remember nothing! It was the easiest thing to have done. No muss no fuss. Worst part was drinking all that stuff and then not being able to drink soda the next morning with my cigarettes but I made it through that part. I came out without even a sore throat.