upset with neighbors, may call dhs!

susiestar

Roll With It
I can not, for the life of me, understand these idiots who moved in next door.

Their little girl is now 5. her daddy "fixed" her little ride on jeep to go MUCH faster than it is supposed to. She can go faster than their riding lawn mower!!

She is now out unsupervised on it because mom is "too tired" to supervise her and her little bro.

They have a pond.

Dad says she can swim in it. He is NEVER near when she is in it. Often he is on the ohter side of the yard on the riding mower. At one point they wanted jess to be responsible for her if jess was outside. Not happening.

I saw her outside alone last night. Going into the pond. I told her to go get an adult - she was NOT in swimming clothes, actually was in a dress after church so I KNOW she was not allowed in the pond then.

I heard her splashing and yelling a little while later. Then heard her mom yelling at her about getting all wet and muddy.

It will be less than a year before either she or her bro (age 2) drown in the stupid pond.

I have spoken to the mom (an ER nurse who KNOWS better) about safety and the pond and leaving hte girl outside alone. It doesn't even penetrate her brain. I wouldn't want her taking care of ME or my family at the ER. NOT AT ALL. She has no common sense.

Dad is even worse. He has exactly enough sense to point out what is dangerous and how to amplify the dangers.

I told them last night that if I see her alone outside near the pond again I will call DHS.

NO CHILD DESERVES TO DROWN because HER PARENTS ARE STUPID OR THINK THE ORNAMENTAL POND IS WORTH MORE THAN THE CHILD. They won't drain the pond because it "wouldn't look pretty" - as if it does now, covered in frogs and mosquitos and weeds!

I also warned them that the bottom of the pond is full of beer bottles from the former owner's daughter's boyfriend throwing them in when "momma" came out. I know the child has been cut inthe pond 3x, I can hear the screams inside our house. Stupid pond is closer to my house than theirs. They don't think there really are beer bottles down their. You can SEE THEM when you stand next to the pond and look down in it!

Why can you have kids with-o a permit????

Last edited:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh I would be livid. I can't imagine letting my little one near water unattended. I dont' blame you for being upset.

I am not a big fan of dhs. As many of my posts dealign with difficult children will attest but I have been sorely tempted to call them on one of my neighbors as well. Like the night she couldn't find him because she let him walk home after dark from the Y. He is 7. It can be very frustrating when we try so hard to help our kids and do the right things and then see other people being just stupid. I know of no other word to call it. I will be adding your neighbor children to those I pray for.

beth

F

flutterbee

I don't blame you, Susie. Someone has to look out for the little girl and if not her parents......

Lothlorien

I got an idjit down the street from me, too. Let his 4 year old out on an ATV and then he crashed. 2nd accident in 3 months. It could have been one of my kids. I called it in as a motor vehicle accident. Stupid people should not breed.

B

butterflydreams

Why can you have kids with-o a permit????

Some people really don't have the brains to have kids! Sounds like something my brother would have done - and he did some really no-brainer things with his kids. AND we did call DHS on him!

donna723

I agree with you completely! This is an accident waiting to happen. I would be making that call ASAP! Maybe a visit from DCS is what it will take to get through to the idiot parents! They won't like it one bit, but who cares!

Even if there wasn't the risk of the broken bottles, a small child can drown in just a few inches of water. Our former neighbor's two-year-old grandson drowned in a very small ornamental fish pond at his other grandparents' house. It was a tiny little pool only a few feet wide and 3 or 4 inches deep, surrounded by decorative rocks. They think he stepped in to it and slipped and hit his head on the rocks - knocked himself unconscious and drowned before they found him. It can and does happen every day. I hope you make that call.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Honestly, Susie...I would call whatever agency. Child protection, police, this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Just my 2 cents.

Abbey

witzend

I'd just call the police. "The 5 year old girl who doesn't swim next door is out swimming in the pond by herself and I am afraid she will drown. I don't have time to watch her and her parents won't. Please send a patrol car.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WHAT WITZ SAID!!!!!!! :mad:

note to Suzie - give alligator for neighbors Christmas present -

apparently if they don't care - they don't care.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
That's a tough one, my neighbor "K" is BiPolar (BP) and her x just got remarried and is having a baby girl, they have a daughter together who is 5 and lives with "K".

"K" is having a really hard time with this, she is a bit odd and has never been warm, she's on and off medications from what I hear. She is warm to difficult child II.

But some nights she is blasting music at 3am and we can hear her screaming at the top of her lungs. We know her daughter is home while it is happening and we are always leary of her safety, it's a tough call.

Wiped Out

Staff member
This is sad, someone could be seriously hurt or worse. I think you are doing the right thing in calling if it happens again.

KTMom91

I would be on the phone. Many years ago, I was living with a crazy man, and no one in the apartment building made that call, though I know they could hear the screaming. I called the police the night the downstairs neighbor threw his wife against the wall, and my pictures fell down. I called again when another neighbor tried to run over her boyfriend in the parking lot. Those kids aren't able to take care of themselves, and apparently their folks aren't all that interested.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My co-worker just buried his 3 year old son who fell in a swimming pool, unnoticed, by 30-some people at a family party.

call the police.

The really sad part is, when DHS or the cops come down on them, they will be mad at having been turned in rather than contrite at endangering their child. Idiots.

trinityroyal

The really sad part is, when DHS or the cops come down on them, they will be mad at having been turned in rather than contrite at endangering their child. Idiots.

You said a mouthful.

(I also suspect that if Susie did allow Jess to watch the little girl and something did happen, the neighbours would be all over the Susiestar family like a rash)

It's just wrong.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear, Susie, that's a tough one. We live on the water and I was the oppositve of that woman. I watched difficult child like a hawk, and was pleased that the neighbors said no one can play on their dock unsupervised until they're 12. It gave me an excuse not to let difficult child go out alone.
SO Awful about your coworker's son, Shari. OMG.

It's going to be a constant temptation for that girl. I especially don't get the broken beer bottle part. That alone would make me want to keep my kid out of if. How pretty can it be with-weeds and broken beer bottles?
Never mind, I'm preaching to the choir.
I feel for you.
Let us know what you decide.