US states interactive map

susiestar

Roll With It
Great site, very very useful. You can also get maps to print. I think I will print some to use as wrapping paper for my mom. She is totally nuts about maps!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Terry,

Somewhere on my shelves I have a book that is the most fantastic and funny book for learning the presidents and vice presidents it's called YO MIllard Fillmore. The same man wrote another book about learning the states and capitals and while I can not remember the name of the author if you google it - all his books should come up. I used to keep those in the car for difficult child for traveling. I hid them so he thought he "found" something and used them.

He even explains how they came up with the idea to remember and why your brain remembers it better than just learning it.

-your site is cool too! Thanks

Google Animaniacs states, Animaniacs countries, and Animaniacs presidents. Watch the youtubes.

(Remember that cartoon?)

PS, woohoo, got all the state capitals right in less than 2:00!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google Animaniacs states, Animaniacs countries, and Animaniacs presidents. Watch the youtubes.

(Remember that cartoon?)

PS, woohoo, got all the state capitals right in less than 2:00! </div></div>Once upon a time I could do all 50 states and capitals, and all the countries of Europe and their capitals, but it has been a long time. Just tested myself and only could get 30 of the state capitals (although I did remember all 50 states). The map of Europe has changed quite a bit since I memorized the countries and capitals back in the early 70s.

ck1

Thanks for sharing! This is great. My younger son loves to look at maps. We have a big one of the US on our kitchen island (so it's his height) and we play a game. He points to a state and we tell him the name, from doing this, he's learned about twenty or so and can point to them when asked.

Here's a link to a state game he's probably going to get for Christmas: http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/pro...arance=&Sensory Integration Disorder (SID)=eas

Tink had a LeapFrog leap pad game that had a US map, and when you touched the pointer to a state, it said the capital.

She kept doing one state in particular over and over, because the state capital is her name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tink had a LeapFrog leap pad game that had a US map, and when you touched the pointer to a state, it said the capital.

She kept doing one state in particular over and over, because the state capital is her name. </div></div>Heavens, I hope it is not North Dakota, or worse yet, Idaho!

I'm guessing one of the W states?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ya know what, I consistantly flunked geography. I'm serious. :bag:

So, of course I had to try out the map. lol Let's just say..... I'd probably have flunked if there had been a test. :rofl:

TerryJ2

W. VA? LOL! I've met too many people with-golden retrievers named Cody. But that's a city, not a state. Whew.
:smile: