Valentines Day plans?

K

Kjs

I didn't realize it is tomorrow. I have the day off, but everyone else is sick.

Chocolate...My favorite. I wonder if anyone in my house even remembers.

I will plan on making a nice dinner. And Chocolate.

babybear

I'm going to make my moms strawberry shortcut cake. It's ridiculously easy!

Tear up angelfood cake in small chunks into 9x13 cake pan.
Sprinkle with strawberries --fresh or frozen
Cover with strawberry jello and stick it in the fridge

Serve with lots of real whipped cream :love-very:

meowbunny

I'm getting my hair cut off (yeah!), probably going to Sam's (ugh!) and then maybe dinner with some friends. We shall see. This is not a "holiday" I celebrate all that much.

trinityroyal

Teaching an all-day seminar using a Web link-up, and then coming home and falling into bed, exhausted. (We don't do much for Valentine's Day around these parts either.)

However, that dessert with the strawberries, cake and jello sounds simply delicious. Maybe I will try it.

crazymama30

I don't think we will do much. I have class untill 5:00. husband has been grouchy, I believe he is cycling but psychiatrist is sick and had to move his appointment from today to next week. He was less grouchy last night, so hopefully things will be better. I did buy him a nice Carhartt sweatshirt, as all his sweatshirts are nasty.

busywend

My sweetie is taking me out to dinner tomorrow night. Not sure where yet.

I have purchased him several items that describe why I love him.

A bag of Hershey kisses because he is sweet and is a good kisser
A candle because he is romantic
A box of bandaid because he is so caring
etc,etc.

The big gift is a French Press Coffee thingy - because I love his taste for the finer things in life - including me!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Seeing as how I have jury duty and have no idea what time I'll be done Thursday and husband has to work till 9:30, probably nothing.

However, the thread about "your" song gave me an idea. sister in law is here right now doing laundry so I think after she leaves, I'll pull up the video for our song, light a bunch of candles, turn out the lights and dance with my Valentine. :loveforever:

I made sure all the kids at school had some cool projects to give their parents, but alas, husband is clueless. I don't need a gift. I'll buy him a card and his favorte candy-Charleston Chew!!!! I'll get my kids cards and their fav. candy too!-Alyssa

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I bought H a card ♥ and a bag of Dove Milk Chocolate covered Almonds - a fave of his. ♥ I will also make a nice dinner of some sort.♥

I bought difficult child ♥ a card and a box of those Rafaello coconut candies ♥ that she loves although she doesn't deserve anything♥. But I figured since monkeyboy is such a toad...

I bought easy child ♥ a box of chocolate covered fortune cookies and a card. ♥ Her boyfriend is kind of being toadish as well and she's coming home this weekend, so...♥

I am a romantic at heart♥. I will probably light some candles ♥ tomorrow night and play our wedding song ♥ and make H slow dance with me♥. I will skip the wine to avoid alcohol breath ♥ and he will be more inclined to give me a smooch ♥ or two. ♥

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
psychiatrist4 apt's!!!! How romantic!!! I bought the girls little boxes of chocolates... and my yearly joke goofy 1.99 stuffed bear for husband... And cards!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A special dinner - my homemade spaghetti sauce (red, of course) with garlic cheese bread & hearts of lettuce salad. Dessert will be a cherry pie - heart shaped.

We've backed down on gifts for the kids a great deal. kt will receive a new drawing pad & book on character expressions she's been wanting from Michael's. She's finished book 1 & is itching to get a hold of book 2.

wm is receiving a new set of legos - he's lost so many of his older ones. One of the many things we do with him on visits is create lego castles or other fantasy type buildings. It helps with his spatial issues. And he loves it - time with mom & dad that isn't too demanding or intimate.

husband will receive my undying love & a well cooked meal with a hand painted card.

I think everything is covered on the home front.

Sue C

No special plans today, but maybe I should make a special dinner and buy some wine.

I bought husband a card. He bought me a card and....one dozen red roses!!! I had told him not to spend the money, but he did. It was a big surprise. And I'm happy he did it 'cuz it sure lit my face up!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, EVERYONE! Hugs all around.

sue

DammitJanet

Not doing much here either. Tony gave me this lovely tin of special dark chocolates that I really love last nite. I woke up this morning to find a card sitting on my computer from Cory and Mandy. They also gave Tony one. How nice! Somehow I think that was Mandy's doing...lol.

'Chelle

On the radio today they said that in a survey, only 16% surveyed planned on doing anything romantic on Valentine's Day. I guess we're in the 84% LOL. husband brought home some chocolates, and that is more than he usually does. I got him some nuts, as he likes them better than chocolate. I get the kids cards and some candy, maybe a little stuffie or I guess in difficult child's case something else this year LOL. That's about it for our plans.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am going to go to my bestest friends house and help her either a)rip out flooring, b)paint, or c)mud drywall. The sick part? I'm looking forward to it!

Tomorrow I'm gonna go pick up husband's gift. (A new transmission for his truck!)

How special is THAT???