Various Quotes

tiredmommy

I've come across several quotes I thought I'd share. I hope you enjoy them as much I have.

It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character.
- Dr. Dale E. Turner

We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough.
- Helen Keller, 1880 - 1968

Learn the fundamentals of the game and stick to them. Band-Aid remedies never last.
- Jack William Nicklaus

Optimism and humor are the grease and glue of life.
- Philip Butler

Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.
- Vista M. Kelly

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.
- Swedish proverb

Reason is the wise man's guide, example the fool's.
- Welsh proverb

God gave burdens, also shoulders.
- Yiddish proverb

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.
- Sicilian proverb

Love is a force that connects us to every strand of the universe, an unconditional state that characterizes human nature, a form of knowledge that is always there for us if only we can open ourselves to it.
- Emily H. Sell

The ability to relate and to connect, sometimes in odd and yet striking fashion, lies at the very heart of any creative use of the mind, no matter in what field or discipline.
- George J. Seidel

We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.
- Herman Melville, 1819 - 1891

Our fundamental task as human beings is to seek out connections - to exercise our imaginations. It follows then, that the basic task of education is the care and feeding of the imagination.
- Katherine Paterson

At different stages in our lives, the signs of love may vary: dependence, attraction, contentment, worry, loyalty, grief, but at heart the source is always the same. Human beings have the rare capacity to connect with each other, against all odds.
- Michael Dorris

F

flutterbee

Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.
-William Penn

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
<span style="color: #663366">A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. :angel:

Chinese Proverb</span>

Me, too! :smile:

In order to experience yourself more powerfully, you must WILL to do so. If you wish to radiate from your own source and stop depending on other people, you must work very hard at learning to trust your own mind. When you succeed, you will have preferences, instead of needs and dependencies. You will operate from your heightened intution and honed awareness, and your behavior will be calm, appropriate, and exacting. You will use your will with consciousness and take responsibility for all of your decisions. When problems create minor upsets, you will live through them with dignity, fluidity, and exactiude and then, you will move on.

I don't know who wrote those words ~ they are beautiful, though.

And here is another one that I love. Author here is Anne Rice.

Be old enough and patient enough for kinds of love, seasons of it; be quiet in your soul so that when happiness comes again, if it ever does, you will know.

Isn't that pretty?

Barbara

"If I can marry this incredibly brilliant, beautiful woman, I mean, why wouldn't I think I can be president of the United States?"

—Dennis Kucinich