Velociraptor Cat at the retirement home

DammitJanet

I was just gonna suggest a critter gitter. Jamie has to wear those thick leather gloves when he works for just such reasons. They go way up his arms. Of course, with his pole, he doesnt get very close if he can help it.

As for what to do with bad kitty, sounds like a nice farm would be the best place. She can catch mice and run and play.

SRL

Terry, I'm sure your blood is boiling and you'd like revenge, but here's a list of no kill shelters and rescue sites in your state. :peaceful:
http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Virginia

This is a site with really helpful cat owners. If you post there someone may have some other ideas for you other than the farm.
http://www.thecatsite.com/

I'm glad you saw the doctor for your hand. When I was a little girl I hid a cat bite on my thumb from my parents because the stuff they used on them stung so badly. By the time they discovered it, my thumb was pretty green. :sick:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Terry. One other bit of advise:

Take a sharpie marker and draw a border around the area of redness and swelling. It'll look goofy, but will enable you and medical personnel to see if the area has increased. If it does increase, get yourself to the ER. You may very well need IV antibiotics to get things under control.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ditto GN! Very sound advice there!! Keep tabs on that hand. Sounds like you've got the beginnings of a rather nasty infection already.

Personally, I wouldn't risk adopting or attempting to adopt kitty out to some nice unsuspecting family. Odds are she'd pull her demonic kitty routine and end up put down or worse.......out on the street to fend for herself.

The farm sounds like a good solution. Unless you can find someone used to handling demonic cats. lol

Good grief! Even my feral strays don't act that bad!

Hugs

flutterby

Fly away!
I'd give the kitty time to mellow out from all of the upheaval and see if her true personality comes through or if this is her true personality.

Baby Kitty is a sweetheart, but she'd react the exact same way as the kitty you're talking about. I have no doubt about it.

TerryJ2

I went into the bathroom today, after leaving her for 18 hrs. She let me pet her, and she had used her litterbox.
Whew.
Still, I don't trust her and she doesn't trust me. One step at a time.
We go to the vet today for advice and medications.

SRL

I went into the bathroom today, after leaving her for 18 hrs. She let me pet her, and she had used her litterbox.
Whew.
Still, I don't trust her and she doesn't trust me. One step at a time.
We go to the vet today for advice and medications.

Having made my share of vet trips with a wild one, if you have a pet carrier that has a screw down top I'd highly suggest taking that along and throw a big old towel in there to absorb urine since a lot of very upset animals will urinate/deficate. I also throw a dark blanket over it while we travel, only leaving one small spot open to look out. The screw down top works well for us because then we just unscrew the screws and remove the top. My cat crouches in the carrier and throws his fit from there while the vet does most of the exam with a heavy towel or blanket. When you get home open up the carrier and leave her alone to come out when ready. I'll often offer some kitty treats there which is the equivalent of comfort food for my beastie. ;)

The vet has given me some homeopathic calming stuff to use before vet trips and that helps some.

TerryJ2

:pet:Well, she was perfect.
After leaving her alone for that long, she was desperate for company. I opened the door, petted her, then sprayed some Feliway, then shut the door.
Five min later, I gave her some tuna. She was ecstatic.
10 min. later, I opened the door, picked her up, and put her in the carrier--no muss, no fuss.
Sigh.
The vet examined her. No physical problems.
He purposely backed her into a corner, then lured her back out again.
No problems.
Sigh.
He put her back into the carrier and left the lid open.
No problem.
Sigh.
It's just me ... and my cousin ...
He said that the cat does have fear issues and that she should probably be an only cat. He said re-homing her is a good idea. I said she had an offer on a farm and he said that would be my 2nd-to-last choice (the very last choice being the SPCA because they do put cats down).
He did not give her any kitty xanax :( and said that the Feliway is good enough.

So, I'm going to print flyers and surf the 'net and see what I can do. Pronto.
husband's eyes are red and swollen.

I am not going to tell my cousin that I am finding a new home ... at least, not right away. She will go hysterical. She thinks SHE's going home.

maxeygirls

Wow what a drama cat! I just have to add my 2 cents here about the cat bite. Keep a close eye for little pink/red lines going up your arm from the area of the bite. This would mean an infection had hit your blood stream. my ex-SO's kitty bit me on the thumb years ago(he came at her with a vaccum the first time she let me hold her in 3 years) and I almost lost my thumb and two fingers. Antibiotics will treat it but the longer it goes, the worse it will be. Cats teeth are very dirty and very dangerous because they go in and out like a needle and often the skin, or layers of it seal up immediately thus trapping the infection inside.
As far as crazy kitty, have you contacted Best Friends animal sanctuary in Kanab, UT? They are huge, the ones that take in all the critters from puppy mills and 'shelters' that get shut down and raided across the country. Im sure they'll have some ideas for the crazy one.
Their site is http://www.bestfriends.org

TerryJ2

Eww! So sorry to hear that.
I had that happen a few yrs ago when I had a run-in with-some raspberry bushes with-thorns, and poison ivy.
ER, for sure. So I know what those lines look like.
Kitty seems happy today.
I have to take her picture.

SRL

Aw, c'mon! Don't tell me you're... chicken! :tongue: Or is that scaredy-cat? :rofl:

Ha. Ha. Very funny. ;) You should see my guy go into action when he spots a cat in HIS yard. There's one that comes around fairly frequently who is really laid back and he sits there looking at mine with one of those "So what's your problem?" looks.

He has improved to the point where he no longer stands guard over me when grandma comes. I've been handing her a bag of kitty treats when she walks through the door. The funny thing is that when he was younger and we realized he was going to be so feisty, we were really concerned about all the kid's friends that were in and out. But he never had a problem with them, only adults. I've had him since he was a week old (he somehow was seperated from his feral littermates) so I know it wasn't anything that happened in his past.