vent vent vent

VickiL

Janet,
Just sending hugs...

Take the guns, lock them up and let him know you have the key. Keyana doesn't need to be around them at her age. My husband has 3 gunsmithing degrees and a lot of guns. We keep one shotgun in our room and the others are locked up and we don't even have kids at home anymore. We are out in the country, too, but you just never can be too sure.

Deep breaths and you know we are here for you. I like the idea of sending everyone off for a couple of days, just to have some time for you!

DammitJanet

Well he calmed down after I called Jamie and tattled on him...lol. I was a mess on the phone with Jamie, crying and swearing to beat the band. Jamie has such a level head that when I said something about calling the cops to get him admitted that he said...dont do that, they will just commit the both of you cause you are both crazy...lol.

As jamie well put it...the only person to blame for the gun getting gone is the person who came in and stole it. Its akin to the saying for rape victims...you can walk down main street naked with a sign on your back saying "free" but if you tell a man NO, and he does it anyway...its rape.

On the reason he claims not to keep the gun locked up is that we live in the country with livestock. There are plenty of times that something gets after them and needs to be dealt with. He claims that if he had to unlock it and take all that time, the critters would do their deed and be gone. There is some truth in that but at the same time he could move the gun from our front living area. Stick it in my bedroom closet or something.

We dont worry about the kids getting into them...never have. They also dont stay loaded but the shells are in the drawer. My boys just always knew better and I imagine the grands will learn this as well.

Im still not happy, but am putting up a brave face because the baby is here for easter. Oh and dont worry about me and my medications...I get ticked off and WANT to but it doesnt happen.

VickiL

Glad things have calmed down for you and to know that the ammo isn't in the gun (probably lucky for Tony:):)).

Enjoy the baby and Easter!

crazymama30

Janet, I think I remember that Tony had a stroke/mini stroke a while back. Was he this way before then? If the changes in behavior came afterward they could be due to that. Many times if someone has a ministroke they can be more susceptible to having more, and that could also be a personality changer.

I am sorry you have to put up with all that. It is not fun.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Janet-I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this. The gun thing would still make me nervous. Sending many hugs your way.