Venting about picky eating - Staying with in laws for Xmas, they won't allow his food

HMBgal

Good heavens. With so many big problems with the kids and life in general, why go all control-freak over food? Sure, I get exasperated when my grown kids go vegan, or gluten free, or whatever is in fashion; we do live in Northern California after all. So, I play the good hostess and find out what I need to buy or not buy, and have it on hand or clear it out. I'm a bit of a health nut myself, so the food I buy and prepare is good. And yes, I always have whole Grain coated chicken nuggets on hand, and gluten free pizzas, too. I'm learning to do gluten-free baking, etc. I am always so happy to have family want to come stay with us, and I feel so blessed, that I cannot imagine laying down the law about food. Oh, I may grumble to my poor, long-suffering husband, but I get it done and enjoy.

Patience, and can you just sneak out and find a place to get some chicken nuggets? If you have someplace like El Pollo Loco around, they are good about no transfats, cook the chickens in-house, and the best part: it's "fast" food so you can get it to go. Good luck.