Very angry! IEP etc given to another parent! Really need advice!

Mattsmom277

Thanks everyone! I have sent a anonymous email to a local news agency, we'll see if I hear anything from that.

difficult child has a wicked bad cold today and is actually home ill. This is actually good as his anger is diminishing and hopefully when the cold is better, he'll attend school and NOT in a angry frame of mind.

Also, I'm hoping to hear from a few parents of other students I personally know, who also know that my difficult child has a special needs designation. I would like their feelings on this. Also, perhaps they got a different story, or more of the story or whatever.

I don't plan to let this go. I do plan to be smart about not getting anyones back up while i pursue answers to many questions and concerns that I have.

Meanwhile, I am crossing fingers this family has integrity and it is some scenario I dont have info on, but that isn't potentially damaging to the students, including my difficult child.

I do understand that the teachers who don't directly teach, can be helpful to students if made aware of their special needs. But I do plan to find out what the idea of sharing ALL their information with ANY teacher, is intended to achieve?? It makes no sense to me, and I do believe that policy needs reworking to ensure privacy of the students. Those who need to know, should know. But the entire faculty? Private medical stuff? Treatment plans? Entire history? Absolutely unnecessary and in my opinion, invasive to the students. It woudl also ensure that a very select few faculty have access in any way to the students very personal and usually medical, information. Much easier to deal with if something is leaked, if only a select few have access.

Whew! Phew!!