VERY confusing!

susiestar

Roll With It
husband's company just walked someone out of the building yesterday. He has a meeting he thinks may mean he gets laid off today.

He is on a team that creates proposals that drive business INTO the company.

He just got a $200 bonus for work he did on one project. These have been coming steadily for the last 18 months.

What has ME steamed is this:

THEY HAVE NEW HIRES THEY ARE BRINGING INTO THE FIRM THIS VERY WEEK!!!!!

How can they lay someone off who just had an excellent review and gets bonuses regularly and drives business into the firm?

He and one other guy are the only two in his department. The other guy has NO skills with photoshop and does not know how to update the company website. husband does ALL of that.

Photoshop is important when creating proposals. Just last month they wanted him to plan a brown bag lunch seminar to be given in October.

If they lay him off as tey show new hires around that will be a real insult. And he is NOT at the higher levels of pay or even at the highest pay for his particular bracket.

So what the heck is the meeting in an hour about?

I just have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Rattling beads & my prized bag of Cheetos, as well as prayer, and I'll skip some stones on my break too.

I know how this feels and yes it's confusing. After the bonus though... You have to wonder.

I'm pulling for you guys!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
The new hires don't make much sense but then again....lower wages. And if husband has the good rep and is the only one in the department with his knowledge....maybe they are reorganizing and may still lay some people off but doing mergings of departments too.

Rattling beads that he is "safe".

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm rattling beads - and helping STeph eat her Cheetos....no I'm not - they are not on my list of approved foods.

It's going to be okay Susie*

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Nothing ever makes sense when it comes to layoff decisions, which are often made by people who don't really understand the business and are only worried about a number on a spreadsheet (sorry to anyone in accounting!)

My husband was one of the most knowledgeable and experienced people in his department. He was well-liked and respected. He got good reviews and good bonuses, too. And he was also one of the more highly paid, and we're pretty sure that was the BIGGEST factor in deciding who would stay and who would go. The new people who were running the company had no concern for any of the qualities he posessed. It was all about numbers.

I sure do hope your gut feeling is wrong...

susiestar

Roll With It
it wasn't. he got to im me as the last thing before they took his computer. i don't know about the severance package yet, good thing wew didn't renew our phone contracts

KTMom91

Susie, I'm so sorry. I'll keep rattling the beads that he's able to find something else quickly. Many hugs to you.