Very Excited today....neurofeedback

Lothlorien

I had a meeting today with the neurofeedback doctor. She worked on me and Missy. There wasn't one thing she said that didn't fit my daughter to a T. I'm thrilled with the difference I saw in her right away.

I also explained to her about the reading compreshension issue she has and she sent me here. http://irlen.com/

I thought many of you might find this useful as well. She believe's my daughter has this.

While doing this, she said that basically, my daughter is very intelligent and has too much brainwave activity. She doesn't know what to do with it all, so her brain becomes angry. She also overheats. The warmth that comes off her head is incredible. The doctor said it's all the brain activity and could also be causing her seizures. She said that after doing the feedback for a while, we may even be able to get her off the medications (of course, we must do it through her prescribing doctor).

She did me as well. I could feel the tension release during the second part. I can't really tell that much of a difference now, but I can with Missy.

I'm really excited about it. This woman is wonderful!

witzend

How bizarre! I have never heard anything like this before. What is a neurofeedback doctor? How do they work? Do you have to do their treatment in a clinical setting? I'm very intrigued.

Lothlorien

She explained a lot of it, but some of it just went over my head. You can do it in a clinical setting, but she came to my house. It was done through the wrap services Missy has. When these services are over, I can go to her office.

M

ML

That sounds interesting. I'm glad to hear you received such great encouragement!

TerryJ2

Very interesting! I'm glad you found a way to solve a "piece of the puzzle," as their webpage says. :) Keep us informed on progress for you both.