Very sad news about klmno

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Oh my ... how horrific. I'm so sorry to read this. I've wondered how she was doing.. I'm sorry she felt she had no other choice. I'm glad she's at peace.

TerryJ2

Thank you for posting this. There are so many whose lives she touched. Unfortunately, her pain was too deep for any of us to help her. It is tragic and so terribly sad. I knew she was planning something but hoped that time would help her change her mind.

Copabanana

Reading this thread and your posts puts front and center for me what is it stake here, on CD, for each of us, our lives.

The vulnerability of our children seems to provoke us to put our own lives in risk, and to feel that our lives and by inference ourselves, have value only to the extent that we are able to save our children.

When we arrive here at CD there is almost an unspoken belief: my life not worth much at all, unless I can save him.

Or we come here at the moment when we risk challenging that belief. But we are unsure and require each other to do so. To believe that we can have value, even when they, our children, seem to assert by their conduct and choices, that we do not. At least it feels like that at the beginning. Or at least it did for me.

And we walk with each other those first few steps, so that we are not so afraid.

I think that is why it becomes so scary when one of us disappears. We fear for them, and as much, for ourselves. Because we only were able to risk it, with them there, to hold our hands.

I am so sad. I never knew her. But I know myself and my child and the way I love him. And the risks I have taken to live my own life, and to insist that he live his own.

KLMO did not hold my hand directly, but indeed she did so indirectly. Because we are a chain of mothers here. She came before. I after. She held my hand. I grieve her and I did not know her. My condolences to those of you who did.

COPA

Last edited:

I want to add one thing, every day I thought of KLMNO, also another boy on this site named Alex...... a different child, his mother would come on here every once in awhile, I never will forget him either. I think of you too Alex's mom.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
The raw agony of her grief was palpable when she would post. It was every mother's nightmare. I hope her agony has been relieved. RIP.

Nomad

Staff member
I just realized what "klmno" probably meant. It never occurred to me before and I feel so deeply saddened by this. She went through so much. What a tragedy.

Part of the reason I am quick to suggest therapy for us parents who are hurting so very deeply.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Believe me Jai, there were lots of people who have gone over and above trying to help her, more than once or twice. There were constant warnings but really, what can one do except to let them know you are there for them. How many times can one be hospitalized. Everyone who knew her and her story - really, it was just a matter of time - she was dealt a harsh hand in her life and it kept getting worse as time went by. She just could not get over her loss, and the injustice of the legal system, it was just too much for her to bear. And honestly, I don't think I would have had the same fortitude to go as long as she did trying to get justice - just being outside my house, and hearing the police verbally taunting my son, then hearing the gunshots and the realization of what that meant. She had no one except her son Copa and he was her entire life. I just hope she knew on some level she had friends who truly cared about her, and are mourning the loss of not only her son and now mourning the loss of her. I will miss her and our conversations, but will not judge.

Marcie

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
She was fragile, as we all are. No judgements, klmno was a kind and strong person who was in a difficult place but still reached out to support others. It's very sad to know that she got to a place that was so hopeless that she chose to end her own life.

jal

I do remember the story. Maybe just not the absolute desperation. I was just struck by an earlier comment about knowing she was going to do something. I knew she was grieving too but never thought it would go this far four years after. Its just so incredibly sad.