Very very bad day

Steely

Oh wow....hugs. At this shelter is there any medical help? Matt did this sort of snap into a rage and out - it is more than scary and upsetting. It got worse as he entered puberty.
difficult child is on 2 mood activating medications I wonder if they are suddenly over activating him? What does psychiatrist say?
So so sorry......

T

TeDo

There is no "help" except structure and staff to talk to. He is only there for short-term respite, not treatment of any kind. The sad part is that he wasn't in a rage. He was very calm and cool. It was all matter of fact with pretty much no emotion. He'd made up his mind and that's all there was to it.

As for the psychiatrist, I explained it to the nurse. Problem is, she ONLY has access to the psychiatrist on Mondays so apparently there is nothing that can be done until then. Because he has started having sleep issues since starting the Prozac, I want him off it. My question to the psychiatrist is if it can be stopped suddenly or does it have to be tapered off. I "can't" get an answer until sometime next Monday. Now that I know the psychiatrist is not accessible, even in the case of an emergency, I think it's time to find another psychiatrist even though I really like this one. She listens and works WITH me. BUT, I need one that is available more than once a week. UGH

L

Liahona

What a way to find out that bit of info. Hugs to you. Is he still resistant to coming home?

T

TeDo

Last night he asked me if I knew when he was coming home. I told him that it was totally up to me. He thinks he's gotten his way and I wanted him to know that even this is in my control. When I reminded him of the fun family events planned for this week-end and that whether he was coming home to participate in them or not was up to me, he actually seemed shocked.

Talked to social worker today and we are planning on him maybe coming home Friday sometime. In the meantime, we are working on developing a behavior program that will go into effect the minute he walks in the door and that he will be informed about BEFORE I go pick him up.

On a positive note, his weighted blanket finally came today AND the social worker let me know about another awesome child psychiatric in the area. This one is apparently "reachable" whenever needed. THAT is a plus so I will be calling tomorrow to see if she is taking new patients. **fingers crossed**

InsaneCdn

fingers are definately crossed (well they are a little sore at the moment)​

Lets see, Buddy.... oh, yes, THATS what you can cross - your eyes. Its probably the least sore place right now?? You can cross your heart, too!

Last edited:

buddy

you guys are funny. Well I think I will go with cross my heart. There is a HUGE lump that is growing on my leg so I wont be crossing those for a while. Thank heaven shorts weather is over.

I have the ability to think and pray though and I will for sure do that. My list gets longer and longer.... Poor God. (kidding)