Very weird, upsetting, happy week!

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Hi family,

Remember last week we got that adorable Shih Tzu puppy and she ended up having seizures? Well, it ended up that she had a massive stroke and died at the vets last Monday.:sad-very:

I was/am heart broken, as is breeder. Enter the weird part: soon to be ex-husband, had a coniption(sp?) that I would even entertain the idea of adding a dog to my new little family. He actually flipped out, ranted, raved, swore, thank goodness I was able to just hang up the phone! He went on and on about it all week long, how irresponsible I was, blah blah blah.

A little background, husband has MAJOR issues with change, think he might have a little Aspie or something. He just could not fathom that I would have the GALL to get a dog. Well, I am an animal person, cannot remain sane without them, never in my life been without a dog.

Well, Tuesday a.m. of last week, got a call from my sisters that my mom was really, really ill with that yucky flu. She has congestive heart failure and any illness intensifies that. My sis called 911 but my mom refused to let them in. I took Jayme to easy child 1's and hopped in my car and drove the 2 hours to my parents home. OMG, she looked and sounded awful. Thought for sure this was her time to go. She was not eating anything, hardly drinking even water, not moving off her couch. I begged and begged for her to let me take her to the doctor. Finally she agreed, but refused hospitalization. Put her on Biaxin, did a ton of blood work and chest films. doctor wanted her back on Thurs. but she refused. doctor called them on Sunday and demanded she go in tomorrow to discuss test results. I had to come home yesterday, Jayme has missed a ton of school, but will return if needed. I just talked with my mom and she sounds a little stronger today!

So, totally bummed and depressed and sitting here yesterday watching Enchanted with Jayme for the 100th time and there was a knock on the door. It was the breeder of the Shih Tzu pup. She had this adorable 2 yo female Shih Tzu all dressed in a darling dress with a purple collar and leash and a bag. I thought she was checking up on me and bringing one of her babies to visit. But...wait...no! She was bringing Juliet to ME!!! For free!!! With a huge bag of doggie clothes that she had made, dog food, bowls, toys, blankies, you name it! She felt soooo awful for what had happened and then about my mom, she brought one of her females she decided not to breed and could not keep. OMG, JuJu (good luck in Swahili, I believe) as we are calling her is the sweetest thing on this earth. Totally house trained, walks beautifully on a leash, loves car rides, basically your perfect little canine friend!

So, this has been a crazy, sad, heart breaking, maddening, happy, mixed up week. Can hardly wait to see what this week brings!!!

Just thought I'd vent/share.

Hugs,
Vickie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
WOW!!! I don't even know what to say... I am so sorry for all of your sadness. Yet I am glad for your little ray of sunshine, Dear "JuJu"... bringing the positive Juju back to your home!!!

klmno

Wow! What a turn of events! I'm glad your mom is doing better and you have a new "little girl".

Who cares what ex husband thinks- is this even his business anymore?

That sounds a little wierd though- about the pup... and very sad...

Nancy

Vickie,

That is such a nice turn of events. How heartbreaking to loose you pup but what a classy breeder she was to bring you the dog. I have a shih tzu and you find find a better dog in the world. She will be your friend forever, and everyone else's too lol. My Lizzy sleeps in bed with us and thinks she's a humna. She never barks except to let us know someone's at the door and then it's just a short bark. She doesn't shed and she is so happy to see us when we come home.

We just watched Oprah's show last week on puppy mills and we were in tears over what is happening, but your breeder proves that there are good responsible breeders out there who really care about their dogs and clients.

I'll be anxious to hear about your dog as she grows into your family. We keep ours groomed with the "puppy cut" because if she gets too long her hair gets really matted.

Nancy

Lothlorien

Well I hope Juju turns out to be the perfect little companion for you and J. That was very sweet of the breeder. Sounds like she has a heart of gold.

I can see why you and H are not together. Sheesh, what the heck got up his bum?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I agree with klmno - who CARES what husband thinks.....

MY WORD - what a selfish man. Would have to wonder IF maybe taking on Aly all by himself to "show the world" has had it's drawbacks and revelations for him. And now because you had some comfort - NO NO no! What other than that could be his reasons?

Like - IT IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS....here's your sign.

Glad about little JuJu - she sounds adogable.

Hugs
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Vickie

I'm so sorry about the pup. And happy you have a breeder with a huge heart. I think Ju Ju was meant to join your family. She sounds darling!

Glad to hear your Mom is doing better.

I think we need a jaw dropping emote for the week you've had. sheesh

((hugs))