Visit with difficult child for Mother's Day

Nancy

We picked difficult child up at the sober house and took her to brunch. easy child and her boyfriend joined us. She gave me a lovely card and wrote:
"I can't even tell you how much I appreciate everything you've done for me & how much I love you. You're seriously the best mom in the world and I'm so thankful I have you. Thank you for everything you've done. I know a lot of blood, sweat & tears have gone into raising me. I haven't been the easiest to raise, but I'm going to try my hardest to make you proud! I love you with all my heart."

We stopped at Borders for her to buy a couple books on recovery and came back to the house to gather a few things to take back to the house, some old college dorm carpeting for their basement and a fan for their bedroom. Then it was time to go back. She talked about the meeting she was going to and the chores she has to do and how they cleaned the basement from top to bottom(covered with bugs and spiders she said) and put a tv down there with some donated couches to watch movies in the summer. She said she is happy and working hard and really looking forward to the future.

I am enjoying this part of her recovery and still a little surprised she is still there. She is commited to staying at least the whole six months and said she realizes it takes that long to change your life. So for now I am very encouraged.

Nancy

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nancy that has got to be the bestest Mother's Day ever!

Keeping body parts crossed, and keeping her in my prayers.

N

Nomad

:) Promising things here. Fingers crossed. Glad your MD was with-o drama. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Every day - Every day - Every day. lol - colder dinners. haha. small price to pay for news like that. Glad to hear it for you both my friend. Wonderful update.