Wanting to share

Lothlorien

Vicky, I read this post earlier and I just didn't know how to respond. I'm raw from some of my own issues right now. Please, please reach out to one of us if you need to. Pm a mod. Don't feel that you are alone.

I'm glad that husband is finally on board with you. It's a shame that it had to be under such extreme measures. Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for Ally is probably for the best. You and husband need time to heal and if possible, work on your marriage. Sending many hugs.

Steely

Wow..........as someone has been exactly as depressed as you are describing........I am so sorry. Had it not been for me being the only parent of difficult child, I might have tried something like this at certain points in my life. Seriously, being the only parent to difficult child has been the only thing keeping me going many times. I understand your pain. And I am so sorry.

Please know that we all really understand. The thing about this board that amazes me, is that we have all walked a mile in each other's shoes. Judgment here, is rare. You can come just as you are.

I am hoping and praying that therapy, medications, and new choices with Aly start to impact you immediately. And that this episode turns a new chapter in your life.

Many, many hugs.

busywend

Vickie, so glad you are able to share with us your story. I hope you continue to get the help from your therapist & psychiatrist.

HUGS!!!

witzend

Vickie, I'm just now getting to reading this. I hate to hear that you were in so much pain. I understand what you mean when you say you are thankful that you have another chance. I have been that low, and I have been that grateful for a second chance. Know that you are not alone, and we do not judge you for this. I'm glad to know that you have found a good therapist, and that husband is more aware of how you have been feeling.

I hope that you will continue to recover. Life really can be better than that, and it's a beautiful thing when you realize how precious it can be. It's the only way to get through those dark times.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Big Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
I thank you all for understanding and not judging me. Admitting this incident and my mindset leading up to it, is the hardest thing I have ever done.

I have good days, I have really good days, and I still have very down days. But now I have a crisis plan at my finger tips and I faithfully read it daily. I don't just say yes to every person who asks something of me. I am learning to be a much more assertive person. This whole thing has taught me just how precious life is and I nearly blew it.

I am in love with my children again and that is enough to keep me going on bad days. My older 2 are the most loving, understanding, amazing "children" on this earth. They have been here several times a week, even though it is an hour drive for easy child 2 and a 2 hour drive for easy child 1, they come a spend the night either with husband or me all the time.

Aly has actually been mostly decent, at least for several hours of a visit. Any longer than that and she has a real hard time keeping it together. I pray we find her a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) very soon.

J is being the doll baby she always has been. We cut off her hair to her shoulders yesterday (was down past her buttootie). I thought husband was going to have a coronary but he handled it much better than I thought he would. She looks adorable and now no more screaming when we wash and brush her hair!!

My sister, who's property I live on with J, just got 3 foster sons, ages 17 months, 2 yrs and 3 yrs. They are beyond adorable and sweet and boy does that lift my mood. They adore their Auntie Vickie and I get to spoil them up good!!!!

Anyways, I know there will be rough days ahead but I feel confident that with a great crisis plan in place, better medications on board and a HUGE support team, I will come out a much stronger and happier person.

Thank you all so much, you all mean the world to me.

Much love,
Vickie