Warning! I am GRUMPY with-o cigs

DDD

Yep.....I'm back on the wagon again and have 48 hours under my belt. I am NOT warm and fuzzy. :redface: After over a decade with-o smoking I crashed off the wagon October lst. I absolutely know that if I smoke more than one month that it will lead to one year etc. etc. I love the nasty habit. Plus I have lost weight this month.

Anyway please be forewarned. I went to the hospital Thursday when the head cold, constant cough, lousy feeling was supplemented by losing my cookies. Five hours and all the tests lead to a diagnosis of Bronchitis. The nasal swab eliminated swine flu from consideration. Anyway I'm "biting the bullet"
and figure after one or two weeks I'll be glad. I just wish I was glad NOW!
:( DDD

DazedandConfused

(((DDD)))

One day at a time, my dear.

It's been 14 years cigarette-free for me and there are moments I still miss it. If I were to pick one up now, that's it I would be full blown hooked again.

Strengthening cyber vibes unti you reach that place where you are "glad".

klmno

I suggest the nicotine gum- it works wonders for getting thru those hard moments! Not that I can claim success as a quitter of smoking, but the gum has given me the only hope and probably kept others safe around me at times. LOL!

DDD

I'm not actually sure if it was 11 or 12 years ago that I quit. October lst
I "had one" to cope with the stress. I am not nicotene addicted. I am emotionally attached. I don't think I need any products to work my way back to cigarette sobriety, lol. I just LOVE the sense of peace and comfort that comes from kicking back and inhaling. on the other hand, I hate feeling like I "have to" have a cigarette to cope. I'll win this battle alone. But I am GRUMPY! DDD

Thanks for the support.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You may be grumpy, but we still love you! HANG IN THERE< YOU CAN DO IT< SCREAM AT ME ALL YOU NEED TO!

Abbey

Spork Queen
If you can do it, take one for me. I've been on and off for my entire life. You said it right - it's not the nicotine, it's the emotional factor. When I feel stress, I smoke. No stress? No smoke. I don't know why that works.

Abbey

N

Nomad

Hang in there sweetie!
Are you taking the medication?
Do you like coffee or tea?
Can you sit down, take a deep breath, and have a nice cup of tea when feeling stressed?
You CAN do this.
You can and will do this...you've got the power!
Sending good thoughts, vibes and prayers your way.:D

DDD

Thanks everyone. I'm hanging in there BUT guess what???????

My husband has decided to quit today and join me. Yikes...lol...sounds like more stress is going to come down.

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. :D DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so proud of you, D3! Gosh, it's hard. *Pretend inhaling* on straws helped me a lot those first few weeks. :)

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I admire you. :)

For me it's not the nicotine either. I discovered that with the chantix. I like smoking. I actually love smoking. It has a very strong calming effect on me I've not experienced......except for nail biting. Makes me think the 2 habits may be strongly related. I fall off the wagon occasionly with nail biting too. (last week lol) But I haven't actually done it on a reg basis since in my 20s. Says something I think.

I can do hours of school without worrying about a cigarette. I can do more than 4 hrs straight of clinicals without once thinking about smoking. But once it's done.....or if I'm under alot of stress.....OMG look out. Stand in my way for a smoke and you're gonna get it. lol

I would've never realized that had I not tried the chantix. Soon as school is over and I've got a decent income coming in I plan to use the chantix again. It helps me ease out of the habit of picking up that cigarette and having a smoke....even when it's stressful. :)

You can do it. You have the knowledge you accomplished it before.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you feel grumpy and out of sorts and that a virus is making this even harder. Sending you lots and lots of strength and won't power.

When you are really on edge you might try a guided meditation or a cup of herbal tea. Tazo teas (sold at Starbucks by the cup or at many groceries by the box) has a tea named Calm that really does help if you are frazzled.

A cheaper alternative that in my opinion tastes better is the Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer Tea. My entire family loves this hot or cold. It really works to take the edge off your nerves.

I use an old altoids tin to keep a few tea bags to use if I am not at home. Not only is it cheaper to get hot water, it also keeps me away from caffeine if my nerves are already raw.

Many many hugs. I know this is hard but it is so worth it in terms of your health.

You probably have way more useful tools than meditation and tea, but I wanted to toss these out there in case they might help.

DDD

;) Only "smokers" understand that stress leads to a cigarette AND :redface: Lack of stress seems to make a slow calm series of inhales particulary appealing.

I actually believe I am quickly going to become a "real" non-smoker again. Each day that passes without a cigarette makes me feel more confident.

You all are like the "verizon team"....you assure me that I am not alone! Thanks. DDD

lmf64

I smoked my last cigarette two hours ago and there won't be any running out to get some, as I am flat broke for the next 10 days. I am going to do it this time. Congrats DDD

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I quit smoking a little over year ago using the lozenges. I lasted almost a year before starting back up.

It's NOT just a mental addiction in my case; I am also flat out addicted to the actual nicotine.

I am so bad that back when the nicotine gums first came out, I carried them for long meetings, airline flights, etc.

I did ask my psychiatrist about Chantix and he said that the statistics on successful long-term quitters with the medications were nowhere near it being worth taking any chances with the rest of my mental health care.

DDD

Welcome to the bandwagon "Imf". After fighting this battle a number of times (and in different decades of my life!) I know that it is easier for some than for others. I think this is day 5 and I'm doing ok. I'll be sending supportive thoughts your way and hoping that this is the right time for you, too. Fingers crossed. DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
I smoked what I hope to be is my last ciggie a half hour ago. I'd suggest we hang out and support each other but I'm thinking that might not be a good idea! LOL How about we support each other long distance? :tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yep.....I'm back on the wagon again - do they still have those? We traded ours for a Surry. and have 48 hours under my belt. This could explain weight gain. I am NOT warm and fuzzy. Ish -who wants to be that? Like dryer lint. :redface: After over a decade with-o smoking, Kinda like a factory chimney I crashed off the wagon-this is exactly WHY I petitioned for school busses to now have seat belts. October lst. One of my favorite days. I absolutely know that if I smoke It will kill me more than one month that it will lead to one year etc. etc. This is logicial. I love the nasty habit. Which one? Do tell. :tongue: Plus I have lost weight this month. BRAVO kiddo!

Anyway please be forewarned. Thanks for that. I went to the hospital Thursday when the head cold, constant cough, lousy feeling :(I'm really sorry was supplemented by losing my cookies Only thing worse is loosing your brownies. Five hours and all the tests lead to a diagnosis of Bronchitis that's not good. Sorry again. Think it has anything to do with being a human chimney?. The nasal swab eliminated swine flu from consideration. They have a swab for that huh? Good to know. Anyway I'm "biting the bullet" (Just a guess but this could be why you're loosing weight, there is no nutritional value in ammunition)
and figure after one or two weeks I'll be glad. Hope this whitty retort makes you happy now. I just wish I was glad NOW! LIKE I SAIIIIIIDDD
:( DDD STAR:tongue:

About that wagon? Good.
About those cookies? Sorry.
About that hospital visit? Get well.
About your eating habits? Hope you find those cookies and eat those instead of bullets.
(Sending some soup)
Hugs
Star

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think I would go stir crazy if I didn't have a cig to fall back on when stressed. I don't smoke much, but I am consistent.

I applaud your efforts and wish you strong will.

Abbey