Water balloon?????

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, May 27, 2008.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

My health has been up & down; back & forth. My BiPolar (BP) is up & down. I've struggled with edema because of the prednisone (it's assumed) & I'm taking diuretics twice a day.

Yesterday, husband pointed out that he didn't think that the diuretic was working - I'm looking more & more like a water balloon! :surprise::rofl::crying:

Now.....is that a nice thing to say????
    :bigsmile:

2. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

LOL

I don't look like a water balloon when I'm holding large amts of water. Instead I look about 11 months preggers. And for the last couple of days, that's exactly what I look like. ugh

3. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

LOL

I think next time husband is working outside, I'd bean him with a water balloon, while shouting "Look out! Here I come!". :devil:

Of course, that's going to call for a quick getaway. Does your walker have an engine on it, by chance?

Don't mind me...I'm a little off today.

4. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Awww, Linda...

I like Heather's idea!

5. Christy

Christy New Member

While most of us would agree that smacking our difficult child is wrong, smacking a husband ocassionally might not be a bad idea!

6. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Tell husband to take you to vegas. They say its dry there, who knows, it might help. If not, you still get a vacation out of the deal.
    And I like Heather's idea.

7. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I find smacking a husband to be rather therapeutic, actually :D

Have at 'im!

8. Andy

Andy Active Member

A water balloon? That's a new one! Let him have it following Heather's instructions.

:targetpractice:

9. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

ugh men do not have the "think b4 you speak" manner that they should.

<<HUGS>>

10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Another vote for Heather's idea!

11. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I would definitely have to smack your husband upside the head.

I don't think it's funny at all.

I know my ex used to think that making light of serious situations would help. And sometimes it did......but most of the time it did not.

I think you are beautiful, Linda.

I know your husband loves you an incredible amount. I am going to wash his mouth out with soap.

Suz

12. tawnya

tawnya New Member

I was getting ready for easy child's graduation, and I asked husband if the dress looked stupid...he said I dont know...'nuff said how about no, of course not?

13. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Given the responses here, it's men in general that make stupid clueless statements.....not just my husband.

I really was more taken aback my husband's comment than hurt as he generally doesn't say (at least outloud) hurtful or asinine things about anyone's appearance. I chose to laugh.

Thank you ladies ~ Heather, I'm going to get a water balloon ready & when he least expects it..........
    :water_happy::bigsmile: