We are going to be late to school

StressedM0mma

And, I didn't even freak out on her. I have been trying sooo hard to make this her issue. I started after her to get up, and she just wasn't. So, I just took a step back and figured she has to figure this out on her own. She just turned the shower off, and this is the time we need to usually leave to be on time. I just keep reminding myself-- Not.my.problem.

She said she is going to be ready for second period. We will see. (She can't walk into a class once it has started.)

StressedM0mma

She ended up staying home all day. Didn't even fight with her over it. She said the felt so icky with the Ritalin. We just decided to quit it. And, now she wants to go off of her Concerta. She read up on it, and didn't like the long term effects. So, I told her she was the one who wanted to start it, if she didn't feel it was working enough to be worth it, we could talk to the psychiatrist about it. IS it a medication you can quit cold turkey or do you have to wean off of it?

InsaneCdn

I haven't seen any really recent studies, but Concerta is just a different formulation of methylphenidate - which has been around for a LONG time.
Biggest long-term effect we've seen is that the appetite suppression effect CAN slow growth.