We are in Week 36!!!!!

LittleDudesMom

Incredible! How can that much time have gone by...?

easy child and I attended our WW meeting tuesday evening to weigh in after our first week using the Core plan (as opposed to the flex/points) plan. We were both thrilled. easy child lost 2.6 pound and I lost a whopping 5.4!!!! Changing it up made our bodies say "uhhhh, they mean business"!!!!

It is a little more challenging for easy child to stick to Core than for me since I do all my meals at home. I'm not sure whether I mentioned it or not, but I have booked a cruise for the three of us during spring break. We are going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. easy child and I made a deal. If I loose another 25 by Christmas and she looses at total (from the beginning) of 20, we each get to buy a nice piece of jewelry while on the cruise!!!! We shook on it....

Personally, I'm hoping to loose another 40 by April before the trip. I've got to stay focused and work hard!

So, how's it going ladies. What's your progress Wendy? Marg, don't you go for the liver tests this week? Barbara, what's going on? Trinity, how are those dancing legs of yours holding up? 1 Day, how are you and the trainer doing with your injury? upallnight, still loving that new gym? Wiped, how are you doing fitting in the gym this school year?

Look forward to hearing from all of you.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Wow-what a great week for you!!! I believe that both you and easy child will be getting some jewelry on the cruise!

As for me, well let's just say I'm off to a less than stellar start with fitting in the club. It's been a very difficult start to the school year for a lot of reasons. I'm an emotional eater and right now I'm stressed and doing a lot of eating and know that I shouldn't be. I'm also having a hard time fitting in the club-I thought maybe I could start going before school but I keep rolling back over to go to sleep.

I'm usually the one who always fits in the club no matter what and it's driving me crazy that I haven't been. I need to figure this out and soon because when I fit in my workouts I am a much happier person!

busywend

Sharon, awesome! 5.4 in one week!! I will have to keep that in mind when I get stagnant. You must be thrilled.
I am excited for you about the cruise! It will be so nice to spend time with the kids before easy child goes off to college.

Sharon, I can only imagine how stressful starting back up the school year is. I know you will settle in a few days and get right back into your routine. Just remember how good you feel when you are working out. That might make you find the motivation to go.

Well, I had a not so great week. I gained 1.6 pounds. I think last week's 3 pound loss was a fluke and this is the result of it. Could be the water pill effects? I did cheat a bit, too. So, I have a myriad of excuses! LOL! :D

However, I am back on plan today. Determined to loss as much as I can before the end of the 'Lose for Good' campaign so WW will donate a pound of food for every pound I lose.
I have to focus more on my water intake. I slacked a bit in the last week.
I have been unable to satisfy my hunger this past week. Could be PMS (I would not know since hysterectomy). Could be the 'winter bear' syndrome. I heard a couple people mention the same feeling at the WW meeting last night, too. Our bodies up here in the North are going to try to bulk up for the upcoming winter season.

trinityroyal

Sharon (LDM) -- Congratulations! 5.4 lbs is an impressive accomplishment. And congrats to easy child as well. I think you'll both be getting some nice jewellery on your cruise.

Sharon (WO) -- The start of school is such a difficult time of the year. And you have a double-whammy as a parent AND a teacher. I find that it's especially hard to get motivated at this time of year. The days are getting shorter, and it's starting to feel like time to hibernate. You'll find a way to fit in your workouts.

Wendy -- Sorry about the little gain, but overall you still have a net loss. It's still progress. Very glad to hear that you're back on program.

The Trinity Family is holding steady.

I still haven't caved in on the cheesies and it's been a couple of weeks now. I should probably buy stock in a soybean farm though, because the amount of edamame I'm eating to replace the salty-crunchy-bad-for-you snacks is truly amazing.

On the dancing front, EEEK!
My teacher has moved up my dance exam by a week. I'm scheduled to be tested next Wednesday. He insists that I'm ready, and says that if I overtrain I will just get nervous. I still find it so weird to dance through all the steps by myself but it is helping me with some of the core technique.

And YAY for husband! For the first time since we've been together husband was able to shop in a regular store. We used to have to shop at a Big-and-Tall store about 2 hours and 4 towns away. Now we can just go to the mall. I'm so proud of him.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hugs to all.
Trinity

Hi Everyone,

Sharon! 5.4, that's awesome!!!! I know you can easily lose the 40! The cruise will be a great incentive to keep you on track-and you'll have some great skinny pictures from your travels.

Wiped Out- You've gotta make a plan. Go before school- you WILL be much happier, and your entire day will go better, I know it. Now it's the weekend, so you can go without the worry of school. Maybe you can double up, once on the am, once in the pm. Even if you just fit in 2 mornings a week- Monday being one of them, so you'll be rested from the weekend.

Busywend- It's ok, you're right back on the plan- everyone's weight fluctuates.

Trinty- Congratulations to husband!!!!! Your dance teacher knows you're ready, so you must be. You can do it, don't be nervous, just think of it as getting it over with one week sooner. Good Luck!!! Post a video if you can!

As for me, I still have no idea about how much I weigh, but I know I'm doing well. I go to the one gym every day, sometimes before school, sometimes at night. Then 3 or 4 times we box at the other gym. Tomorrow morning I'm rowing with my team- I've been missing these practices for about 2 weeks, I'm so busy with school, I can't do everything. But overall-I think I can continue with this routine, so I'm happy.-Alyssa

Marguerite

Just a quick update.

I saw the gastroenterologist on Thursday last week. I'm to finish the month's diet pills then stop them. I can't say I'm sorry - it's a hassle having to carefully empty a diet pill capsule into a plain gelatine one, every morning.

My liver tests indicate some improvement, but not enough. I have to now try to maintain my weight (ie not gain) for the next year or more. It will take that long with continual dieting for my liver to continue to clear out the fat that has been clogging it. I don't know if the insulin resistance has eased - he didn't order that test. I wish he had.

The rest of me is feeling fairly awful with neurological symptoms of something still not identified properly. it could just by my MS-like thing again. I'm having trouble sitting at the computer for much time, plus my back gets tired, my hands get tired and clumsy.

Weight - I'm still losing but only slowly. As far as I can determine, I'm now down another kilo, making it 21 Kg I've lost. It does fluctuate though, so it's hard to tell. I don't think it's my weight fluctuating, just my unreliable bathroom scales. But judging by my clothes - yes, the weight is still coming off. I'm also developing a turkey neck as the weight comes off there. Oh well, it had to happen. I AM over 50 now...

I'm also getting a lot of comments from people, especially if they haven't seen me for a few weeks. And today I tried on a loose wool vest I was given, which I last wore in early June. back then it fitted me but I looked awful in it. Today it draped much better.

Tomorrow night is a big dinner in the village, it will be interesting to see how many people notice. I'm not angling for comments, just observing.

Now to maintain! If I lose any more weight, that will definitely be a bonus!

Marg

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
HI Everyone! The beginning of the school year is awful! I'm been pretty stable with the weight, still hovering around 16lbs lost. I can't say that I have any plan right now regarding exercise but I am trying to find a way to fit it in. I'm also looking for a new job. I need a less stressful job and one with less hours because of all of difficult child's appointments. I also have to try to find a more consistant time to check in here.

LittleDudesMom

Michelle,

it is the most difficult to keep up the momentum when life is changing all around you. I think the beginning of the school year is the most difficult time of the year to maintain schedules and routines. But, you will get it back. I think it takes a month or so before we "settle in" to the school year routine. I'm still working on it too!

Sharon