We are off to Hilton Head

Nancy

Tomorrow morning bright and early husband, me, easy child and her boyfriend are piling into the suv and heading for Hilton Head. We use to go every year even before kids, until 2004 when difficult child was 13 and she ran off with some boys at the condo complex and we thought we were going to have to call the South Carolina police to report her missing. It was a horrible vacation, difficult child wanted nothing to do with us and spent her time hanging around boys and other families she met at the pool.

Fast forward seven years later, difficult child is living in a sober house and although it is bittersweet, we are so looking forward to getting away. Seven years without a vacation, without going anywhere with or without difficult child because of her issues. difficult child is doing well, we explained we were going on vacation and wish she could come but hopefully if she is still doing well next year we can have a real family vacation. She was very mature about it.

Hope to drive to Columbia SC and spend the night and on to Hilton Head Monday morning. Will be back next Saturday night.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think Nancy should come to Myrtle Beach WEEKEND!!! Forget next year! (well I mean next year would be cool too) .........

WHAT ABOUT IT NANCY!!!!!!????? Terry says we're all wearing wrinkled underclothes.

Star*

call 911........call 911
awesome awesome!!!!!!!!! Oh that would be just so cool!!!!!!!!!

I waived at you as you went past exit 119 on I-26....lol

Nancy

Lol star we haven't passed you yet. We just passed exit 62 on I 77
We are staying in Columbia tonight

Nancy

DammitJanet

Well you must be in Columbia right now...so sleep easy and have a good, safe trip tomorrow. Have fun in Hilton Head. Thats one place I have never been around here. I have been to Charleston, Parris Island, Savannah, several other smaller towns along the way...but Hilton Head was just way above our price point.