We are putting Sophiegirl down tonight

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's been a long week. Tonight at 6:30 we are putting Sophie down. She's just been so sick and increasingly becoming worse. Her vision is nearly shot, she has trouble with balance and walking (other times she amazes me with her ability to run in short spurts), she has dementia and she pees on everything. We have had to keep her separate from Nala and Izzy because she's become aggressive as well, she even nipped at me. She's skin and bones, I have no idea how she's still alive to be honest. Her back is all hunched due to the stenosis of her spine. Not all of it, but most of it is from the tic disease anaplasmosis we've learned. Her liver and kidney failure is from her illness a few years ago - the medications killed her organs.

I am just so terribly sad. But I know we are doing the right thing. If think of us, send up a prayer for peace and calm. I am leaving work early - just can't focus anyway. Thanks.

InsaneCdn

{{hugs}}
Yes, it's hard. Our furbabies give us so much, and ask for so little.
The only consolation we had when we walked this road, was that we didn't want ours to be in constant pain - which is what it had become - and it was our last gift to our furbaby.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((((hugs)))))))

I am so very sorry. It is such a hard thing to do, even when you know it's the best thing to do. :(

B

bigbear11

So very sorry. (((HUGS))) It is always such a hard thing to do, but as someone else said it is the ultimate gift of love and caring to ease their pain if that is what their quality of life has come to.

DDD

I'll be thinking of you all at 6:30 and hoping it's not too difficult on you when Sophiegirl goes to sleep. Hugs DDD

Calamity Jane

Big hugs and condolences to you and your family. It's heartbreaking, even though it's obviously necessary. I'll keep Miss Sophie in my prayers. If you aren't aware of it, you may want to google, "Rainbow Bridge" when you're up to it. It's a nice poem about reuniting with our pets one day.

BusynMember

I teared up when I read this. I know how terribly hard this is, even if you know it's for the best. I will think about you and Sophie at 6:30. She will be an angel for sure.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Jo posted on FB that Sophie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge... I'm sending all my good vibes and hugs through the cyber world to her tonight.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks Step, Sophie is gone now, at peace, without pain. Our vet was surprisingly awesome, very kind and loving. He even gave me a hug and said, 'Her body is gone but she will always be in your heart.' And he had us bring our car around back so we could leave privately. And they placed her in a canvas zippered bag. It was so fast. We were with her, loving her up right to the end.

!

Last edited: