We are what we drive!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, favorite cars, that's something different all together. I LOVED my very first car: a 1967 Mercury Cougar with the roll down head lights and those really cool lights that lit up on at a time in the rear. And the roll up console. OMG - I loved that car! And it was old then! Haha~

I am among the hybrid people I guess, though not as altruistic and stuck up as the Toyota Prius - I drive a Honda Civic Hybrid. they are totally different!

mstang67chic

Going Green
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trinityroyal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mustang, you're right on the money. The Chevelle is blue with 2 big white "go faster" stripes up the middle. And yes, a road trip sounds like an absolute BLAST!

When enough of the ice melts to make a big-:censored2: rear wheel drive safe around here...I'm all set.

Wheeeee!

Trinity
</div></div>

I knew it! LOL You can't have a Chevelle in any other color!

DammitJanet

My favorite car is an early 70s MGBGT. I am not really particular of which year as long as its not past 74.

I adore MG's. The Miata is close but give me an old MG anyday.

I did own a Mustang once but it was a 76 Mustang that was an undercover narcotic sting car. It was so cool. It had a customized paint job that was black with huge metallic flakes in it and white leather interior. Nice sound system too for the time. I got it for my sixteenth birthday. Yeah I was spoiled...lol.

I was also stupid...a couple of years later I had the chance to buy a 68 Firebird. Not just any 68 Firebird either...the first one to hit Richmond VA. The owner of the local Pontiac dealership was selling his baby and I turned down the deal!

Nope, you can't have a Chevelle in any color except Blue.

And yes, the 442 is red. White interior. And I am *sure* you have *no idea* where the dirt roads are to race on near your place. We'll have to send Trinity a SASE so she can play too.

HWGA, what's your 20. You got a bear in the air at the 324 yardstick, 10-4?

WW, I most certainly am NOT jealous of your Maverick.

Because...

When I was a kid, MY MOM had a Pacer.

meowbunny

My first car was a '65 baby blue Dodge Dart. It was ugly as sin, fast as all get out and I loved her to death. My fave car after my Porsche, of course, was a 68 green GTO. That goat could haul :censored2: and won me a bit of money.

mstang67chic

Going Green
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yes, the 442 is red. White interior. </div></div>

OMG.........I'm drooling here! LOL There was a guy in high school that I had the BIGGEST crush on. Who just happened to drive a red with-white interior (pristine to boot!) 442. I think he wound up totaling it but he did look mighty fine in that car!

donna723

Chevelles <u>CAN TOO</u> be other colors besides blue! My son has a '69 Chevelle (his "baby!") :laugh: that still has the original <u>burgundy</u> paint and still has it's original upholstery! He's had this car for 10 of his 27 years and would start selling off his vital organs before he would ever part with that car! The more chrome dooies he puts under the hood, the less mpg it gets. It gets a whopping SEVEN miles per gallon now and is one of those that rumbles the pavement when he starts it up! He's re-doing it now to take to the drag strip.

My all-time favorite car was the 1967 butter-yellow Mustang that I bought new when I started my first real job. OMG, I loved that car! It was my "wings" when I was in my running-around stage. THEN I got married in 1968 :frown: ... he had a 1967 Camaro ... it was the "Marina" blue with the white racing stripes on the hood. We could only afford to keep one car, so of course my Mustang became history. In retrospect, I should have kept the car and got rid of HIM! Live and learn ...

This thread isn't what I expected when I read the title! But it got me to thinking about how the car I drive now and I are quite a bit alike! I have a 2001 Olds Alero that I bought new 6-1/2 years ago. We've both got a lot of mileage on us and we've both seen better days and are past our prime!

Lothlorien

My first car was a 72 Maverick. The steering wheel was cracked. The gear shift was missing the pin and would just come out if you pulled on it. That car is probably still running somewhere today. You could not kill that engine if you tried.

We are among the SUV driver's....We like to call them UAV (urban assault vehicles) husband has a sub and I have a mini sub. They are both 4 wheel drive. We do get some pretty nasty winters at times, so the four wheel drive comes in handy.

My two favorite cars were 1987 Camaro (yes it was an IROC and I had HUGE hair). My other favorite car was my 1996 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight. That was a beautiful car....totally loaded. Loved it. Sold it when I got pregnant with Missy.

trinityroyal

My husband used to have the very Chevelle I've been drooling over. He had it in high school...at which point I was about 3 1/2, so by the time I was old enough to drive it was long gone...sigh.

(And yes, he did look mighty fine in it. When I was little, he used to drive by my house in that car. I used to think, "Someday I'm going to marry that man." Well lo and behold...)

I have a replica sitting in my display cabinet in the living room, and I am just waiting to find the right moment to get a real one.

Sadly, the best dirt roads for driving around here have long since been paved and sub-divisioned, but with a little extra driving, I'm sure I can find somewhere to let 'er rip.

svengandhi

I drive a 1984 Toyota Tercel hatchback and so does my 17 year old son (same one).

Our neighbors have Lexi, Infiniti, Range Rovers and the like. Our "new" car is a 1991.

What does this say about me?

It says I don't care about status or I have NO money, honey - or both.

F

flutterbee

I really loathe SUV's, too.

Especially the Hummers. Might as well just have a direct line to the gas pump. Better yet, just have an oil tanker follow you around.

And the worst: I park at the grocery store and come back out to find two mammoth SUV's that would seat at least 40 parked on either side of me. I can't see a damn thing to back out. They really should have their own parking areas.

My first car was a '67 Chevelle Malibu 327 4-door, gold colored, bought in 1978 for $900. It got 14 miles per gallon of gasoline and 200 miles per quart of oil (450 if kept under 50 mph). It lasted only a year before a piston rod broke. After that was a Toyota Corolla which ran and ran and ran and ran. Never since have I seen a car run so good for so long on so little.

donna723

HWGA - My sons Chevelle is a Malibu too but his is a 2-door. He's building a different engine for it now because he wants to take it to the drag strip. With the engine he had in it before, it was <u>LOUD</u> but just under the limit to be street legal. It really sounded good!

Sooo funny - he once was driving it past our little local courthouse when something was going on there that was being filmed by TV news crews from Nashville. When the story was on the news that night, you couldn't SEE his car but you could HEAR it going by. And all his friends recognized the sound of his car as it went by the courthouse and were telling him about it! :laugh:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I drive a 6 year old grey Santa Fe. It has a big gash on the front fender that we've never fixed. There must be 1000's of grey Santa Fes in Vegas. It's the only way we can tell our apart!

Abbey

Sue C

Our cars:

me - 2001 Pontiac Montana mini-van (love it!!)
husband - using my mini-van 'cuz his 1967 Chevy panel truck is broken
husband & me - 1965 Plymouth Fury III convertible (to be sold this spring to pay off loan on 1989 Winnebago motorhome)
husband - 1939 Chevy truck (in rusted pieces--a someday project)
Melissa - 1974 Chevy Nova (races it at the drag strip)
Melissa - 1992 Buick Skylark

...and husband fixing up a 1969 Buick Gran Sport which he will sell to pay off some bills. He had a car just like this when he was a teenager so it's going to be very hard for him to part with it, but bills come first. I'm glad he is practical.

sue

meowbunny

Boy, I love how posting a simple joke has turned into such an interesting thread. What fun it is to read about your cars and how strongly you've felt about some of them.

My least favorite car I ever had was a TransAm that had no reverse.

Once I forgot. Tried to do a 3 point turn on the street. Had to push it. The car is so low, it was like I could not get any leverage. I think I dislocated my spleen.

Steely

Kitty........
I had a car like that TOO! Only mine was some kinda old mitsubishi thing, don't even remember now - and the doors would not open. So here I was, coming out of the office, looking both ways - and shoving myself in the drivers side window like they did on the Dukes of Hazard. :shocked: