"We don't swab anymore" Health Dept.

DDD

easy child/difficult child (recently known as head PITA) just called to tell me that his friend who spent 35 hours in his room last weekend has the Swine Flu.
I called the Health Dept. and was told "we don't swab anymore". I know the hospital "swabs" because they swabbed me ten days ago or so.

So......I guess.....you don't do anything unless you get a fever and toss your cookies while you ache. The trots don't count, I gather.

Geez, husband and I don't need that on top of almost four weeks of the head/chest flu symptoms. Whine. Whine. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
They swab here for influenza A. If that's positive it is assumed you have swine flu. They don't do the second swab for h1n1 unless you're admitted to the hospital. The h1n1 test is expensive and I don't doubt labs are hopping busy right now.

Hope you don't get it.

((hugs))

klmno

I don't know what they are doing here- I did hear on the news that there is no sense going to ER just because you have the flu. If you are high risk and have a really spiked fever, think a child is dehydrated, etc, it's fine to go.