We had so much fun!!!

tiredmommy

Duckie, husband and I got back from California last night... the weather was a nice change and there was always something fun to do. I had a hard time on our flight out west because of a nasty head cold, but I got through it. My ears finally equalized about 4 hours after landing.

Poor husband didn't have near the fun we did because he was working in the day. We did, however, meet up with a childhood friend of his on Thursday. We had dinner at a nice little Mexican restaurant with his friend and wife and his parents. His mother even had the waiters sing a belated Happy Birthday to Duckie in Spanish!

Duckie and I had a great time at the Disney properties Wed through Friday. We went to California Adventure on Wednesday... Duckie's favorite part was the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. There was great rope swing. It was hilarious watching the kids run up a hill while pulling the swing along a wire line and riding the swing back down the hill. Almost every child ran through the exit and right back into the line to go on. We also had lunch at Ariel's Grotto where we met with the princesses and the wait staff Duckie Happy birthday. Our waitress gave her a Happy Birthday pin and told her to wear it all week. :) She also made a friend named Michelle. The seven year old is from Arizona and lives with her grandparents. They plan on being pen pals.

We went to Disneyland on Thursday. We had great fun! We even got to meet with Cheryl and her husband. :thumbsup: Her husband was even gracious enough to take Duckie on Space Mountain. That's a memory she won't forget. They are wonderful people and I'm glad to have finally met them.

We split our day between both parks on Friday. We wandered through Disneyland in the morning and had the pleasure of meeting up with gcvmom and her kids in the afternoon at California Adventure. They are such great kids!!! Her easy child took Duckie right under her wing. They took Duckie on the Tower of Terror and the California Screamin' roller coaster. She had been too afraid to do these rides on Tuesday but miraculously gained courage when accompanied by the "Big Kids". We rounded out our Disney time by heading over to Downtown Disney where Duckie used her birthday money and a gift certificate to get (yet another) Build-A-Bear.

As much fun as the parks were... the best part was meeting Cheryl and gcvmom. They are great down-to-earth people and Duckie and I are better for knowing them!

smallworld

TM, glad you had a great time -- and of course, that you're home safe and sound. It's wonderful that you had the opportunity to meet up with Cheryl and gcvmom.

B

bran155

Wow, how wonderful for you guys!!! I am so happy you all had such a nice time. And how cute, she made a pen pal. That would be really cool if they actually became life long friends!!!!

Welcome home. :)

donna723

I hope you got a lot of pictures! And how wonderful to be able to meet up with Cheryl and gvcmom! Glad you all had a good time!

Estherfromjerusalem

TM.

What a wonderful trip. Sounds fabulous.

Isn't it fun to meet members of the board? I still cherish the memory. And of course, once you have met someone it means so much more when they write on the board, you relate in a different way once you have met them "in the flesh."

Hope to meet you one day, too.

Love, Esther

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
How nice, and such a great treat for you and the family to meet some of *us*!!!
Welcome Home!

tiredmommy

Duckie really missed her "board" friends today. She said she was happy to be home but wants to go back to see easy child, difficult child 1 & difficult child 2 soon.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
TM, tell Duckie that easy child and the boys had a great time with her, too :D

I, too, enjoyed my time with you while the kids got their adrenaline fix -- it is such a joy to meet someone in the flesh who truly "gets" what life is like with a difficult child. And it is also wonderful to be able to put a face to the signature.

I wish more of us lived in closer proximity. But for now, the keyboard and monitor will have to suffice for our difficult child support system.

If that "reunion" we all talked about last summer is still in the works for next Fall (Ohio, I think was where we'd decided to meet) I hope to be there to meet more of you wonderful parents!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
TM,

It's such a blast to meet other board members. Only they can understand life with a difficult child. And there is an immediate connection even though you've never met in person before.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Was it hard to get home to the cold?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay so all of you met......
Had a great time.............
(we're happy for you)

AND WE HAVE NO PICTURES????????????

No Mickey Mouse EARS?

No cotton candy?

No Tshirt?

No chicken?

Hmmmmmmmmmm - someone was a little slack in the souviegnier department weren't they?

Really? I'm very glad that all your dreams came true! It's been a rough year for all of us.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, there were mouse ears and pictures alright! That's up to TM to post :D

And it was rainy that day, so the chickies opted to stay home and keep little sickie Minerva company. (by the way, today she moved out of my bathroom and back outside to the run, much to her -- and my -- delight).