We have an admit time......

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
After an roller coaster week & being hit with some hard facts kt is agreeing to enter treatment at Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Her admit day is this coming Tuesday @ 1 pm.

This has to have been one of the longest weeks of my life watching ktbug dissociate, & become so very childlike while still arguing that treatment wasn't necessary ~ she could do this herself.

kt was confronted with her physical aggression toward staff & she fell apart. Our ktbug has no memory of this or other incidents since the park "fling" a couple of months ago. She's terrified of the blanks in her memory. I think that was the deciding factor for her.

I encouraged kt to compare this time to a car going into the ditch. You need help to get back on the road to continue your journey.

H

HaoZi

I'm glad she finally decided to go in. Hope she doesn't change her mind in the meantime and they're able to help.

crazymama30

I am glad she agreed, and hope she is just as agreeable on Tuesday. It has to be hard to admit you need inpt help, no matter how badly you need it. I think kt deserves lots of kudos for doing the right thing, and lots of encouragement. I know you realize this and will give it, but you deserve kudos to for realizing and acknowledging this and for your continued battle to do what is right for you and kt. Hang in there, tuesday is around the corner

keista

Congratulations to you both! Strength and positive energy that she keeps her resolve and continues on a path to healing. This is showing much maturity which goes a long way in the whole process.

DDD

Findgers crossed, prayers being said that all goes smoothly. The timing is just right for you and for her. Perhaps you can go visit your family and let yourself be pampered for awhile. You deserve it. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
I am relieved that she agreed to treatment. She must be so terrified of herself right now. She has gone through so much and done so much herself and I just want to yell and scream that it just isn't fair that she has to keep dealing with all of this. I truly pray that the monsters who abused her so terrible will rot for eternity in the worst punishment that karma can visit on them.

It takes a very strong person to face all that she is facing. And an even stronger mother to love her though all of it. No matter what your challenges from the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), etc...., you show amazing grace and strength as you parent kt and advocate for her.

(((((hugs)))))

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm so glad to hear that she will be getting treatment soon and that you have an admit date. Linda, you are one amazing warrior mom! I'm glad kt has agreed to get the help she needs!