We may have snow...yes...in NC!

DammitJanet

They are calling for snow in NC early Monday morning! It was 70 yesterday! I want to know which one of you sent this white stuff here? Hmmm? Was it you Abbey?

Steely

I haven't seen snow in ten years!!! I LOVE the snow.
I am seeing Matthew on Thursday - and guess who is going snow shoeing.;)
Enjoy it for me Janet................

klmno

Huhhhh....I better check and see if it's expected here, too! I like it fine if I can stay in with a fire in the fireplace and chili and popcorn and a movie or good book, but other than that, you can keep it in NC!!

I just checked. We're supposed to get something, too. I wonder how much...

donna723

Janet, we're supposed to get it here tonight or early tomorrow morning. Yesterday it was in the high 60's - go figure!

DammitJanet

I am so not thrilled. I normally like snow but Keyana is here sick and Tony is supposed to leave to go to Charleston to work for 2 months on Monday morning. He will probably have to leave driving right into the mess leaving me here to deal with it.

everywoman

No!!!! We're expecting a hit too. And I don't want it. I've got an interview on Tuesday with the district committee for Teacher of the Year, and having snow on Sun or Monday will mean either a delay or no school on Monday which will mess up my teaching plans for the entire week, which will put me off kilter for the interview....Can you tell I'm a control freak from this rant>>>

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yep, husband's flight from Atlanta to Raleigh has been cancelled due to snow.
Guess winter isn't over quite yet.

tiredmommy

Well... Trinity said it was a very Spring-like day this morning but we're only 25 or 30 miles apart and I had snow.

Janet, I think I know who your culprit is. :winks:

donna723

Janet, I was just talking to my daughter this evening - they live in Charleston, SC. She said they are supposed to get snow there too.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I did't send it - a week and a half ago we had icy hailstones falling and it blanketed the yard - I may have said "I wish they would keep this stuff back east and not send it out here" but didn't wish for a specific area

Marcie

donna723

It drizzled here all day yesterday, then it turned to snow about 11:00 last night. Woke up to about 3" of very wet, sloppy snow this morning. And now it's already melting off. There was a bit of ice on the street when I got up but they're just wet now. By tomorrow this time it will all be gone. Too bad! I was looking forward to having a 'snow day' and being able to stay home tomorrow!

It started snowing here in Atlanta around 11:30AM, big , beautiful, fluffy flakes. It's after 4 and there no sign it will be stopping any time soon.

easy child came to visit this weekend, so he's stuck here .... but we're enjoying the visit. It's too bad I had planned to work at home tomorrow - I guess no snow day for me.
However, I doubt seriously that difficult child will be going.... even though the school is three blocks away :)

Valerie

Lothlorien

We are supposed to get up to 9 inches of snow. Hey, if we are going to have a snow day, at least let it snow enough for the kids to play in. We haven't had enough snow for the kids to play in for over two or three years. husband just went to get the snowblower.

donna723

Well, we went from having 3" of snow on the ground this morning to 43 degrees now and almost all of it has melted off. No snow day for me either! :(

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH JANET -

IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!

I BEGGED FOR IT! :angel3:
I need a snow day off work........lol and I just bought a new battery for my camera so I can take some pictures of snow - and ice -and the fur kids and snow.........and more snow........and the dogs in snow and Dude in snow - and snow........lovely, wonderful, cold, beautiful, all cleaning snow.

TerryJ2

Yep. It's here.
Crusty and white and slippery.
And school seems to be open. Go figure!!!

I'm going out with-my camera in the a.m.
Wait, it IS the a.m.
I'm going back to bed.