We received great news today!

tiredmommy

We finally got the results of Duckie's RAST test; she is not allergic to fish or shellfish. Woo Hoo! The reactions must have been coincidences!!! :thumbsup:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Excellent! I know shrimp have come way down in price since they are farming several varieties.

Not sure about lobster, but if you can afford it, a lobster dinner sounds like a great way to celebrate.

Since you are celebrating, be sure to get cold-water lobsters as they are supposed to be much tastier than the warm water ones.

The ones I was curious about were crayfish. I sort of figured that since they were from freshwater they would be 'safe'.

Not one of my better ideas. I managed to splash some cooking liquid in my eyes which caused my corneas to swell to the point that keeping my vision was a real worry. My girlfriend in LA assures me that they are really yummy, though. LoL.

klmno

Oh...that Duckie has good taste, huh?? I'm glad she's not allergic to the finer things in life!! Seriously- it is great news and I'm sure it is a load off your mind.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
KING CRAB AND LOBSTER!!!!
Get the bib out and the claw crackers!!!
This must be such a relief!
For the whole family.

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone! I'm certainly glad that she gets to eat seafood and shellfish again... but I'm even happier that we don't need to worry about exposure and cross-contamination! :bigsmile:

busywend

I was going to ask what the first 'fishy' meal was going to be! Lobster - that girl knows what she is doing!!
I hope she likes Filet Mignon, too. That is one way to make sure she dates only successful men!! LOL!