We took first

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
The team I bowl with took first place. We are all family. It is myself, easy child, a neice and we had a vacant spot this year. My sister in law that past away last December was the other person that would have been on our team. We have always wavered near last place. easy child only bowls about half of the season as she leaves but she is still part of the team. My neice and I figured that somehow C helped us win this year. So I had the spare plaque done in her name and I will hang it up at her grave site for a while. It just seems fitting to do that.

It was definately one of those bittersweet times in life.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's so nice, Beth! Congratulations! I'm sure you did C proud and she would have appreciated the gesture. :)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think that's wonderful, Beth. How gratifying for everyone after such a huge personal loss.

Congratulations!

Suz

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth, what a wonderful tribute to your sister in law!

Congrats on your victory ~ I'm sure sister in law was watching over you all as you played.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WAY TO BOWL Beth!!!!!!

I have no doubts that your sister in law was sitting at the alley with you smiling about the win. I think having her name engraved on the plaque and taking it to her grave is a very sweet thing to do. Sounds like you miss her a lot, so this was an awesome way to remember her! You're a good sister in law!

Hugs & Love
Star (with a last game average of 73) :laugh:- noooooo I did NOT use bumpers

Fran

Former desparate mom
MCITH, what a wonderful thing to do for s i l. Congratulations on coming in first and being giving enough to share it with s i l and those who aren't on the team the entire season.
You are a giving, kind hearted person. :bravo:on first place.

M

ML

so cool! I totally agree that C pulled some strings to get you there. Definitely bittersweet. Congratulations and great big hugs. ML