We were booed!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

We had a wonderful surprise a few days ago, thought I'd share! I went out my front door at about 9pm to grab something from my trunk and found a pumpkin bowl filled with Halloween treats... we'd been booed!

Here's a site that explains it:

We chose our two friends and bought the goodies yesterday and I delivered them under the cover of darkness last night. Duckie made the final decision on who to boo: her little friend that just started homeschooling recently because of the amount of illness in our schools right now; and her bff whose father is being laid off next month.

It was great fun and I highly recommend it! :ghoul:
  2. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

I've never heard of this before -- what a lovely and fun tradition. Glad you and Duckie enjoyed receiving as well as spreading joy.
  3. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

That's a really cute idea! I do have to tell you that when I read the subject header I thought that something had gone wrong with cheerleading...

Much relieved to hear it was something nice.
  4. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

This is such a cute idea - I passed it along to everyone on my email list.

I am assuming that other needed items can be put into that "Booing" basket along with Halloween treats for those in need!
  5. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

This is great! What a fun idea!
  6. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

I had completely forgotten about this tradition! I had this happen to me a few times in Indiana.
    I may do this here again.
  7. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

As avid May-basket-ers, this will give us a chance to do it TWICE a year! WOOHOO, the kids will love it.
  8. klmno

klmno Active Member

What a great idea!! I'm glad you got to participate- I had never heard of this.
  9. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

I got booed this afternoon too. My neighbors and I have been doing this for several years and it is always fun.
  10. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

I had never heard of this before but we really had fun with it.

What is a May basket?