Weather - everyone out of the storms?

K

Kjs

I see Oklahoma got hit with some tornados. Hoping everyone is out of storms way.

Geez a week or so ago we were in the -20's, then this past weekend 60. yesterday also 63 I believe.

I have found more poop than I care to see the past few days. I wish the two dogs would find just one spot.

Just thinking about everyone.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think we hit almost 50 yesterday with rain. Now we have ugly black snow.:mad:

I'll take it, though, from nearly three months of being well below zero.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yea, the ONLY bad thing about melted snow.......doggy dew is exposed! Hope OK is recovering from the nasty blow..... just can't have 60 degree weather in midwest/Feb. without someone paying a price....... we are getting rain and wind today....... Thinking of those who are hurting.......

B

bran155

It is absolutely beautiful here today. 58, just like a spring day! I am afraid to watch the weather, I don't want to hear that there is more snow on the way. For now, I am just enjoying the warmth!! :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We just finished up 4 days of rain, we get two days of sunshine, and then more rain is due starting tomorrow and lasting through at least part of the weekend. We certainly need it, but with the fire-ravaged hills there is still the fear of mudslides, especially since the ground is already saturated. There are two houses in my neighborhood that are now red-tagged due to earth movement in the hill behind them. And there are visible slides that have already shifted nearby.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
A few days ago we went from warm to HAIL - the dogs were bursting to get out as they didn't know what to think - they went out for all of a few seconds to check it out, and then came in and ran to the fireplace that was blazing. I should have taken a photo of all of them laying there shivering with their heads as close to the fire as they could to take advantage of the warm with, four rear ends all in a row

Marcie

Andy

My weather story:

Monday night at 8:30 pm, the lights in the house went out. Completly dark. I called next door to check on non-easy child diva and the girl she was watching. They were a tad nervous since it was soooo dark in the house. I hooked difficult child up with husband and walked over to the neighors.

On the way, I noticed firefighters and electric guys working on a pole in the neighbor's front yard. So, I called the neighbor and asked what was up:

The other neighbor had gone outside about 8:00 and noticed sparks flying from the pole so called 1st neighbor to ask what to do. 1st neighbor goes out and sees flames from a top the pole and suggests calling the electric company. When there was no answer there, they called 911.

We found out later that neighbors 4 doors down in the opposite directions were told to stay indoors but no one came to our house NEXT door. 2nd neighbor decided to take her kids out in the freezing rain and let them see the electric pole that was on fire and the line about to snap. Police told her to get the kids inside.

So, I walk over to the other next door neighbor not knowing it MIGHT be dangerous with the possibility of a loose wire and a wet ground throughout the neighborhood.

They sawed the top of the pole off and reconnected everything. Electricity was back on in 45 minutes which I think was awesome. Though the people non-easy child diva is helping are returning from Mexico to no cable or internet access.

It actually made the local paper!

O.k. Library computer says I only have 5 minutes left. See you all next time I can get here for one hour.