Wedding Pix for difficult child 2/easy child 2

Marg's Man

Whew!

Three weddings in less than a year but we survived. We were too busy to take more photos ourselves. When/if we get more we will post them.

Here's the link to the baker's dozen we DO have
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bundeenapix/sets/72157622420866171/

The wedding photographer had been told that difficult child 3 has a good eye so he lent his $2000 'spare' camera to difficult child 3 to use. The photographer was so impressed with difficult child 3's shots that he said he would put them up on the website (for guests to view and buy). The proceeds for any of difficult child 3's that are purchased will be given to him.

Any of who know us well, also know we value our privacy so the pictures have somewhat non-committal captions and a bit of editing to remove identifiable details. It's not because we don't trust you people it's all those 'others' out there we don't trust.

Marg's Man

Lothlorien

Marge's man, can I tell you how stinking cute your avatar is? I love it.
Your daughter's dress is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a lovely wedding. I especially enjoyed see what you and Marge look like. Marge's dress is very pretty and I love your kilt! You are a nice looking couple and your daughter looked truly beautiful! Congratulations!

Mattsmom277

Beautiful photos! It looks like a lovely day for sure. You are very blessed this year. 3 weddings! Now you can all breathe since they are over though lol.
Thanks for sharing

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Marg's man, thanks for sharing photos of your daughter's wedding. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

I also enjoyed "meeting" you & Marg. A lovely couple.

mstang67chic

Going Green
May I say that you both looked Ooh La La in your finery? And Marg? WHAT a neckline on that dress! :winks:

What a gorgeous wedding! The bride and groom looked ecstatic and I LOVED the ducks! LOL Little lushes by the looks of things!

Now I know who to look for at the airport when husband and I get down there! LOL Thanks for sharing.

Marguerite

husband loaded it up last night (our time). He's off playing trains today, he will undoubtedly check in later.

I had to laugh over that neckline - I bought a bra, specially, so I could wear that dress without problems. And I spent the night hitching up the dress constantly, because it was showing a bit TOO much! The girl at the bra shop had recommended Hollywood tape, but I know from experience that it risks pulling, when you use it on silk (like that dress).

I'm going to a friend's son's wedding (same friend who baked the cake and MC'd for us) and might wear the same dress. But this time I've bought one of those stick-on options. The sort you wear like surgical tape. Hopefully it will be OK.

However, if we continue to have wintry weather, I'll have to wear something else. Probably my other MOTB outfit, the purple dress I wore to easy child's wedding. Which also needs tape, now I think of it...

Oh well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We'll post more photos when we get the chance.

The weather for the wedding was cold, overcast and showery. I am so glad we didn't spent the extra $800 to have the wedding ceremony at Camelot Castle. We'd have been put in the stables, for sure. Mind you, the same stables were usedin filming "Australia"... we were there to check the place out, the day of the film premiere, the family had been invited to the premiere because their home had been used for location shooting. If easy child 2/difficult child 2 had had a chance of having her wedding inside Camelot Castle, she would have jumped at it. But inside it is a private home, although wedding photos are permitted on the ground floor inside.

Oh well... maybe they will open it to the public when their restorations are finished. I knwo the place we chose (Eschol Park House) was also lovely, although more set up as a wedding reception venue. But it was definitely authentically antique, which was what our girl wanted. She likes Victoriana, and on the walls of the room were photos and portraits of Queen Victoria!

When the photographer's link becomes available, we'll see what we can post for you all.

Marg

Lothlorien

Marg, I find, with strapless, dresses the best bras are the ones with the boning down the bodice. You may want to go to a tailor with the bra you are going to wear and have them adjust to your body. It really is a beautiful dress!

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks for sharing the pics. What a beautiful bride! What a beautiful family! I love your dress Marg!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Beautiful! Marg, LOVE the colors in your dress :) And your handsome man looks dashing as usual in his traditional kilt.

Your daughter is absolutely lovely -- is that a family heirloom pin she's wearing?

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Marguerite

Family heirloom pin - she borrowed it from mother in law (mine - her grandma). She also borrowed grandma's pearl necklace and hung on it a NEW pearl pendant (cost $1000!). She paid off the pendant over several months and intends to use it as a family heirloom for her own kids. I think she was mad to buy it, especially since she also bought her designer gown, all on a shop girl salary. And now has no job since she was dismissed on her last day befoe going on leave (which stiinks, I think). She'd only made the last payment on the pearl a week before losing her job. She spent the week beforfe the wedding (when we should have been focussed only on wedding preparations) having to work on urgent paperwork for her application for wrongful dismissal. Luckily we have laws on this, but our previous government did its best to remove all laws protecting employees. Not all laws have been put back, she could still be in diffficulties. However, one law not removed was the whistleblower law - if you complain about problems with your workplace, especially if you ask for the workplace to help sort this out, and you are penalised forasking, the employer has broken the law in not protecting you. And we feel this is what happened, she asked for mediation in writing two months ago and was almost immediately threatened with dismissal for reasons which were concocted ("customer complaints" - no details given).

It threatened to cast a shadow on the big day.

They come back from honeymoon in a week, from there she has to start to find a new job. Hopefully she can find one in child care, where she has been training. By then she will be dealing with the fallout of her formal complaint to the government.

Fingers crossed.

We've been doing some hard thinking on behalf of the pair of them. They have to find their own way but will need ongoing moral support for some time. I may have to institute family dinners on a regular basis.

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I may have to institute family dinners on a regular basis.

Sounds like a good idea :) I hope she gets some justice for her complaint. She really was handed a raw deal.

Hope they enjoy the honeymoon -- the pearl pendant may seem like folly now, but I'm sure 30 years from now, when her own daughter may be walking down the aisle, it will feel like money well spent for all the history behind it.

crazymama30

Marg those are great pics. I love the rubber ducky theme, rubber duckies hold a dear place in my heart. I will be singing the rubber ducky song from sesame street in my head now. That makes me smile, and I really need that right now. Thank you so much Marg. Awesome

BusynMember

OH, how sweet!!!! I loved the pictures!

Marg, your man, your daughter and your new son-in-law are all so attractive! Congrats to all of you and thank you so much for sharing.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Marg you and husband look terrific!! :D Such a lovely wedding. Bride is beautiful. Bride and groom look amazingly happy. :)

OMG 3 in one year!!! Whew!!

Congrats all around.

Marguerite

Thanx for all your compliments, guys. It's hard to believe, I was really ill at the wedding. Kept running a fever, had lip gloss up my nose because it was cracked and sore.

Sis-in-law has just been diagnosed with swine flu, so mother in law at least is seeing GP tomorrow. We're hoping easy child 2/difficult child 2 & SIL2 are well and having fun in the sun (while we shiver here in the south).

Can't wait for the official wedding pix to be posted.

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Marg, congratulations to you and all your family. Your pictures are fantastic, and you look wonderful! I loved your dress. I'm marrying off a son in exactly three weeks' time -- in a way I envy you having it behind you, on the other hand I am so looking forward to it.

I wish you much joy from all your family.

Love, Esther

Fran

Former desparate mom
Absolutely gorgeous wedding. Marg, you look lovely and can't tell you were ill. I'm with you, if you got it, flaunt it. I am forever trying to make sure "the girls" don't fall out onto the table. LOL.

Your daughter has exquisite taste and the dresses are beautiful. I hope their honeymoon and life together is wonderful.