Wedding Shower

K

Kjs

Well, the shower is done. I was so upset regarding the whole thing. It was hosted by Brides mother, Matron of honor and myself. With the few meetings we had, I felt I would not ever be good enough for the Brides mother. My family does not live near me. She had invited 30 guests (mostly relatives). I invited my two sisters, neice and two friends. They drove 2.5 hours and 1 hour to get here.

We all went to Chicago the next day and had SO much fun. My two sisters are 14 and 12 years older than me. It was so much fun. We have not been together for over 3 years at my mom's funeral.

When they realized their baby sister will be 50 next year they said they would take me on a trip for my 50th birthday. Disney World and Marco Island was mentioned. :bigsmile:

So, shower went well dispite the disrespectful words shed. Looking forward to my son's wedding in 6 weeks. My grand baby's birth in 5 months and my 50th birthday next spring.

Not going to focus on the negative things right now. I am going to enjoy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad you choose to focus on the positive.

As for the soon to be inlaws.........phhht who cares what they think? They just don't know you well enough yet.

I got some of the same turn off feelings from easy child's husband's parents. Actually at times I still do. I ignore them. sister in law knows who's mom is always there for them when they need help, who is active in the grandkids lives, ect. And it turned out that easy child's inlaws are irresponsible difficult children......his mom is a spoiled brat to put it mildly. lol However his grandparents are awesome and I adore them as does easy child. Same story with nichole's inlaws.....well, her mother in law. I get along great with her father in law and his family.

You can't please everyone all the time, so don't let it bug you. You just be you and enjoy the wedding and the new grandbaby.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Yep...just enjoy what is enjoyable and forget the rest. I actually enjoy Billie's relatives even though she is a pill...lol.