Week 1 of a Healthier You - How was Your Week?

LittleDudesMom

It's been full week of Healthful Living! :its_all_good:

Post whatever acheivement or stumbles you had during week 1. Did you go a week without a cig? Did you purge unhealthy food from your pantry? Did you loose some weight? Did you declutter your desk so you could declutter your brain? What did you do good for you this last week?

I'll start -

This last week I looked within to work on without. This week I began to look at what was going in my mouth. This week I joined WW (last night) and my duaghter joined me. So I did for me and I did for my daughter.

I can't wait to hear from you guys :happy_new_year:

Sharon

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Morning All. Here is my first week of getting healthier.

Started WW last Wednesday morning. Down 4.8 pounds

Started walking on treadmill again this past week (6 out of 7 days)

Still in "Honeymoon" phase

Sharon and Hopeless, You are doing great!!! I'm really proud of both of you!!!

After my one slip-up, compliments of the half a package of chocolate meringues in my kitchen, I've been doing really well. I've been able to stay out of the kitchen after dinner - the time when I usually do most of my emotional eating. I've been exercising daily and making good food choices. I haven't lost any weight yet...

I love this forum!!! I know it's going to make a huge positive difference in so many of our lives... WFEN

smallworld

Sharon, Hopeless and WFEN, Way To Go! Keep going!

I weigh the same as I did last Wednesday (but at least I didn't gain). I'm staying up too late because J is (his medications aren't right yet) so I'm doing a little too much emotional eating in the evening. I'm going to work on that. I decluttered a corner of my office, which felt really cleansing. I made an appointment for this morning at the dentist because I have a nagging toothache and may need a crown. I'm taking care of me.

Wishing you continued success in the coming week.

LittleDudesMom

:bravo: Hopeless - congrats on your positive first week!!! Exercise and weightloss is a fabulous beginning to achieving a new healthier you!!

WFEN, :thumb: to you for making good choices and not letting one slip up get you down! I can feel you getting healthier!!

SW, :happy_new_year: lots of stress with no weight gain and some decluttering sounds like a great week to me!

:its_all_good:

Sharon

DammitJanet

Way To Go you guys!

Wish I could find the energy to declutter any part of my life...lol. Smallworld, if you you get bored in the evenings you could sneak on down here and work on my house!

I am missing a remote to my living room Dish Network and Cory wont get off the darn couch to look for it...argh! Either he or the baby have absconded with it.

I have cleaned out my house of all snacks that I like. The only cookies left are pre-packaged cookies for Keyana and I dont like them anyway. Animal crackers, vanilla wafers and Teddy Grahams in little single servings. I cant deprive the child just because Grandma is changing...lol. She is a good eater and loves her normal food. I cant wait to see what she thinks of raw carrots and celery...lol.

I got through last night with no problems. I had an apple for my snack. This morning I have had a banana and a piece of string cheese for breakfast.

I joined Spark, the site that Heather mentioned.

I have an appointment tomorrow with the gastro.

I'm so psyched I could do back flips.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well, I started walking with the dog a few months ago (old post)

The dog went to the vets and we put him on a low cal Nutro kibble.

He's lost almost 28 lbs since we've been walking.

I've lost NOTHING.

But I am eating healthier, snacking healthier and I've had only ONE no no item (Milkyway) all week which was a one a day habit.

I'm enjoying all the snacks and stuff everyone is suggesting. I did notice - my jeans don't pinch today - so this is good!

CONGRATS TO YOU ALL! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LOOSERS! (snort)

Hugs
Star

Sue C

Congrats to all for your achievements!

I still have not eaten chocolate! I did break down and have 2 cookies. I bought carrots and celery and have started eating them instead of chips with sandwiches.

I went through paperwork that needed going through, although I have more to go.

I made appointments for my yearly gyn and mammogram. I found out my credit union has a lower fixed rate right now, so I'm going to refinance our mortgage. I'm getting things done. :smile:

And.............I TOOK A SHORT WALK TODAY!!!! First time ever!! husband went with me. We plan to walk every day.

trinityroyal

Way To Go everyone!
You're all taking positive steps, and weathering setbacks with strength and grace. This is amazing! :bravo:

The good:
This week, I tried out a few new recipes from the GI Diet cookbook. They were delicious.
husband and I managed to have an entire restaurant meal last night that followed the GI diet (salad instead of cream soup, no dinner rolls, no heavy sauces, rice instead of mashed potato).

The not so good:
A friend came over to visit last week and brought chips, dip and salsa. I put them away and didn't think about them for days. Last night, I was working late and climbed into bed about 2 am. And proceeded to eat 3/4 of the bag of chips.

The great:
I cleared a stack of paperwork off my desk that has been haunting me for weeks.
I made some good progress on a very big, very challenging project at work. There's still a lot to do, but just like eating the elephant, I'm taking it one bite at a time. (Hmmm...eating metaphors, I must be hungry)

For the first time in about 2 years I was able to put on, do up, and wear! my "skinny" jeans. :dance: The best thing about that is, I'm fitting into the skinny jeans by doing healthy things rather than by just not eating.

Yay for us!

Trinity

Congrats everyone. I can say, "Me too". I've been really watching and will get on the scale Fri. am.-Alyssa

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well, I joined that spark site that Heather recommended too. I am monitoring my food intake. Was going to make some major changes and then I decided to monitor what I was doing first to find out where the major problems were in my food intake.

I did go to the Y the other night. For some reason my family doesn't want to cooperate with me and let me have the time to do the things I want where that is concerned so I am going to start writing it in the datebook like appoinments I think.

I did sign up to have one of the personal trainers set up a program for me so I can have some insight on what is best. It will be easier that way instead of having to figure that out on my own and then just give up cuz it's too much work.

I also went out last weekend and bought myself some new jeans. That may sound strange on a what we did better type of post but I live in sweats and grungy stuff. So I figure the sweats need to be for when I work out and now I can look better thus feel better about myself. That one is a major improvement for me. I had gotten to where the norm was I just didn't care. I mean sadly brushing the teeth had even become a luxery. I know sad but now I am picking things back up for me.

I just stepped on my scale. It informed me that with those little things I went down .8 of a pound. I like that it tells me in tenths.

Glad everyone else is have progress also.

Beth

F

flutterbee

Way To Go everyone! :bravo:

I've been better - not perfect - at tracking on Spark. I missed yesterday and the day before and can't remember now what I ate. LOL It really helps me to see it there in black and white. Not just the calories, but the nutritional info: fat, protein, cholesterol. I really had no idea how much fat I was consuming. I'm also being good and logging everything - even though when the numbers are already high, I think...oh, I don't need to log that oreo. :rofl:

I don't own a scale. When I was super thin before, I was on it everyday and a pound gained meant no eating. I don't want to end up there again. So, I'm gauging it by how I feel (you know, when you can't bend over in the car to grab something off the floor cause your belly is in the way :faint: ) and by how my clothes feel.

I've been having a lot, a lot, a lot of fatigue lately. I seem to be an all or nothing person, i.e, I can't clean anything unless I can clean the whole house. Well, when you're not feeling good then nothing gets done and it just gets worse and all of a sudden it looks like the house exploded on itself. Then it's overwhelming, as well as disgusting, and makes me feel worse.

So, on the days the fatigue is really bad I'm doing little things...picking up, but no vacuuming, dusting, etc, as I can so it doesn't get overwhelming. I might only do one thing then rest and then do one thing else later. It feels good to keep on top of it. Plus, keeps me feeling productive and helps me from feeling sorry for myself.

Today is a good day as far as fatigue, so I vacuumed, did litter boxes, am on the 4th load of laundry, emptied and re-loaded the dishwasher. It's amazing how good that makes me feel. Not just physically, but mentally, too.

I'm soooo glad we have this forum. Thank you, thank you, thank you LDM and Cheryl!!!

OK. Now I'm going to get all emotional. What is wrong with me?!! :wink:

Sue C

Oh----I forgot something exciting that I just have to share. I started writing a personal experience article. I used to write and had articles and children's stories published in magazines. Then when Angela and Melissa drained my mental and physical energy, I gave it up. I lost my desire and creativity.

Well, I sat down and have started writing again!!! Woo hoo!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo happy!

sue

smallworld

Sue, I used to write personal essays as well. I even taught a class to adults at a writer's center near my house. But then kids got in the way. That's great that you're getting back to writing. Way To Go!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like everyone is off to a great start :bravo: :dance:

The good for me this week was that when I was on the elliptical machine I really pushed myself one day and averaged 5.9mph (I usually only do about 5.4 mph). I was feeling the need to push myself a bit because since I go to the club a lot sometimes I get in a rut.

I also started some new weight exercises along with the ones I was already doing!

The other good thing is I bought two pairs of pants that are a size I thought I would never see again.

The bad-I just ate a ton of potato chips waiting for the pizza we've ordered to come!

DammitJanet

Thats great you guys!

Heather...I so understand about the fatigue and not getting a darn thing done around the house. My place looks like my bedroom vomited on itself. Actually the whole house does after a day with a toddler running loose!

I just sit and stare.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sue - let me know if you want someone to illustrate - I'd love to work with someone on a a children's book. WAY TO GO!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH - INCASE anyone is looking for a GREAT tasting low cal pizza?

Lean Cuisine - roasted vegetables - is pretty good. 5g of fat and only 312 calories. 4 slices all for me.....