Week 3 Check-In

JJJ

Well, I was very healthy for the week but I fell off the wagon for the weekend. I had lost 2.5 pounds but gained 1 back. The highlight of my week is I bought a juicer and have started drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juice - yum! My goal is to eat just fruits, vegetables & whole grain during the week (Mon-Fri) and have one small "treat" each weekend day (This weekend I went to an all-you-can-eat Champagne Brunch, oops!)

Good luck to all my fellow healthy living friends...

Sue C

Well, I had initially lost 2 lbs but seemed to have gained back 1 lb. (sigh) I wasn't able to take my walk Saturday or Sunday because of the below zero windchills. I did ride my exercise bike on Saturday for 10 minutes (all I could handle) but did not exercise yesterday.

We also had a few meals with some good Italian bread from the store, and I ate too many slices at each meal. :(

I feel I'm already getting tired of eating healthier--carrots/celery/apples just aren't doing it for me. I haven't even been drinking 1 bottle of water/day. Need some encouragement.

I haven't bought the vitamins yet. I tried taking Viactiv Calcium chews (only 1 after lunch), and they made my stomach hurt. What am I supposed to do???

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Sue

Sue, don't be discouraged. It isn't easy, it's hard work in the beginning. It gets easier because you become accustomed to what your doing. Vegetables aren't that great, but put them in a soup, and eat all you want- you'll feel full. If you start to get hungry, then eat something-don't save your hunger for later because then you'll end up eating too much of the wrong things. That's always my downfall. I know after work, I'm starving and know I'll eat too much when I get home. So now I give myself a granola bar before I leave and my hunger is managable. You have to see where your problem times are, and work with that. Don't even get anywhere near a scale. This is a lifestyle change, the scale isn't an indicator of that yet. Some weeks, even if we do well, the scale says, "Gained a pound" and then we say forget this diet. But never give up. If I have a good day, I eat some raisinets as a reward, just a few. You can do it. -Alyssa

Star*

call 911........call 911
I actually got a wolf whistle......

AND WW chocolate cake is SLAMMIN - 220 cal.

My pants are starting to 'fit' so I think it's good and DF said "WOW you are really slimming down" last night when I was begrudgingly standing in the kitchen cutting up my apple snack.

It made the apple tolerable - lol

I'm up to 10 minutes on the Gazelle - I swear though - I'm so graceful - if I get distracted by shiny things I fall off. And if you take a fall off a Gazelle - suffice to say you get tangled up and bruised.

I'm STILL doing it - I'm committed (or is that I AM GOING TO BE COMMITTED) either way - it's all good.

Sue C

Alyssa, thanks for the encouragement. I got on the scale later this morning and saw I had only gained back .5 lb. Maybe it's not such a good idea to weigh every day after all. Too many fluctuations--even within hours!!

Hey--I looked back and we started our check-in's on Wednesday's, not Monday's. We actually have 2 more days to improve. :)

Sue

PersonalEnigma

I've not been doing all that great. I'm stressed up to the eyeballs right now with difficult child's medication trial, and now having to research out a better idea of what's going on with him so I can better help the school. I've been munching a lot (healthier stuff generally, but not totally) and missed my exercise class this morning as I was too tired and stressed to go to it (plus the weather was bad so it made me even less incluned to go). I know that I will be able to do this once I get my mind set back in that direction, but for now I'm not really going anywhere...

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I am here for my third week and not anything good to report. Does my typing sound like it does in my head (like Eyeore's gloomy little voice on Pooh LOL).

Anyway, no loss or gain and I did not walk a bit this week or drink my water. This is the start of a new week and I need to get motivated I have good intentions each morning, but by the end of the day, I am unmotivated. I know how to do this (as I have done it before), but the motivation is lacking right now.

Oh well, I will keep pushing my big butt along.

wakeupcall

WAKE UP, GIRLS!!!! OK, the last week wasn't so great and you fell off the wagon! Guess what?? Another wagon just came along...get back on and let's DO it. You know you can do it, so let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm walkin' and walkin' and walkin'....ya gotta fill up that time of munching with something else. I chose to walk. Get a pedometer and see how many steps you can walk in a day! I walked 11,000 yesterday....that's gotta be a good thing! The pedometer makes it a challenge to walk more than the day before!! Good luck on a new week!!