Week eight-hope it's going great!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope everyone had a great week!

I had a really good part of the week. The last two days not so well. With the late nights I just haven't been able to get to the health club. My workouts really do make me feel better about myself.

The really good news was when I weighed in on Saturday I had lost two pounds!!!!!!:cutie_pie:I haven't seen this weight in a long time!

I'm trying to stay on track with eating this week since getting to the club is hard with visits to difficult child in the psychiatric hospital.

Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!:D

LittleDudesMom

:bravo:Great news Sharon!!!!!!! With everything you got going on right now, the loss of two pounds is a huge deal!!!!

So easy child and I had our weigh in last night at WW. If you recall, the last two weeks have been not so fab. Down .2 two weeks ago and up .2 last week! So last night I lost a whopping 3.8 pounds this week which brings my total to exactly 20 pounds!!! easy child lost 1.7 which brings her total to 6.8!!! So we are working hard, but enjoying the ride.

Hope the rest of you have found what I have. As the weeks have gone by, it has gotten a little easier to make this change because it is becomming a little more of a habit. And, following the WW plan has been great. If you have a splurge or a special occasion, you have extra weekly flex points. And, tuesday nights after weigh-in easy child and I have designated as "splurge night". If both of us have lost an ounce or more :)bigsmile:) we eat whatever we want for dinner. Last night it was stuffed crust sausage pizza from pizza hut!

Anyway, I have found it getting a little easier realizing that this is my life. I will be at this weight loss thing for a long time, but I will have to live it even longer. I even went through the McDonals drive through with difficult child after his therapist appointment and sat in that car and watched and smelled him eating french fries!!!!!!!!!! That, in my book, is real progress :icecream:!

Please share your successes and struggles as we begin week 8.

Sharon

:bravo: Sharon, losing two pounds and being able to control emotional eating with all of the stress you're under is fantastic!!!

:yourock: Sharon, Losing twenty pounds is a HUGE milestone!!! I'm sure you're feeling lots better physically!!! I'm glad this way of living is becoming a habit for you. I'm also very, very proud of your easy child!!!

Even though I haven't been actively concentrating on losing weight, I lost .4 lb. I weighed myself at the worst possible time - last night. I was happy to see my weight go down just a little bit - I've really been putting lots of effort into eating healthy.

On a not so good note, I still haven't begun using my resistance bands. I really need to stop procrastinating!!! In my defense though, I've been very, very BUSY and haven't had much free time lately. I'm so addicted to my aerobic workouts that I'm not willing to give a couple of them up a week for the weights. I truly know I need to - I'm thinking about shortening my aerobic workouts at least once this week to make time for the resistance bands. Now, whether or not I'll actually do this is another story, lol!!!

The one thing that may motivate me is that I bought a new swimsuit. Visual aides are usually great motivating factors for me!!! I'll let you know if this works...

I hope the rest of you are doing well. Remember - WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :wine: To a HEALTHY WEEK!!! :flower: WFEN

trinityroyal

Sharon, great work losing 2 pounds. Considering the load you've been carrying, and the pace you've been keeping it's great.

Sharon, Wow! Congratulations on reaching such a milestone. You must be so proud of yourself. Way To Go!

WFEN, I completely understand how hard it is to make a change to your workout routine, especially when you're enjoying what you're currently doing and it's working for you. I found that when I was using resistance bands the strength I gained made my aerobics classes even better, as my stamina was good. And, use of resistance bands was what allowed me to regain full use of my arm after a nasty accident many years ago (they said I'd never straighten my arm again. Hah! Fooled them)
:bravo:to all of you! :yourock:

My week has been going pretty well. My whole family has taken on the challenge of getting healthy, and I'm so proud of the way they're managing things. husband went to meet his mother and sister for lunch yesterday, and his mom didn't recognize him becuase he's lost so much weight. He came home beaming.

Dance classes are going better than ever. My teacher has moved me up from the beginner level, and I'm focusing on the fast-paced Latin dances. What a workout. I'm so busy paying attention to what my feet are doing that I don't realize how hard I'm working until after the class is over.

I'm still working on the pilates to improve balance and muscle strength, and Little easy child and I are continuing our "workouts", finding new and goofy ways to incorporate activity into playing. Little easy child has been practicing the dances from High School Musical (his favourite movie of the moment) and teaching me the steps. In return, I have been teaching him the steps I learn in dance class. Golly, if he continues to show interest I might have a dance partner after all.

:redface:

Congratulations on a great week!
Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Congratulations everyone -

You all sound like you are doing a fantastic job.

I think my body is morphing. I swear - I've been doing this diet for 8 weeks now - with little cheating. And pants that fit me before I started to diet now do not fit at all - I mean I can't get them up and buttoned....but my legs are smaller and hips seem smaller -

I noticed instead of looking 4 months pregnant I seem to have an annoying pooch - I still don't get the pants don't fit thing - Maybe all the weight that is leaving my body is resting in my thighs? (go ahead and laugh )

I don't have any brags - I ate a Milky Way I even said - nothing tastes as good as skinny feels while eating it - but nope - down the hatch.

I just can not get motivated for exercise.....I think (hope) maybe all this junk with Dude is settled I can stop using that as an excuse and move forward again. Stress really tires me out. I'm in bed by 8:00 every night -

Maybe the time change will help too.

Keep up the good work - I'm still here, & still thankful you all are too.

hugs
Star

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-20 pounds is awesome!!!!:D :bravo: easy child is doing a good job too!

WFEN-Glad you are doing the healthy eating thing-it's so good for you!:yes:I used to worry about giving up cardio time for weights as well. My compromise is on the days I do weights I do 30 minutes of cardio-just not my usual 40. I can honestly say it has really helped me. It took me a lot to decide to actually give it a go though.

Trinity-How great that your whole family is into the healthy eating!!!!!!!!:congrats:It sounds like you are having so much fun with your exercising!!

Star-Glad you are hanging in there!!! :D Sometimes that's all we can do and it's a lot! Don't feel too bad about eating the Milky Way-it happens! I do think the added daylight time can help!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, you must feel pretty good to see the weight come off. Enjoy it! You are pretty disciplined from what I can see.

LDM, wow for you and easy child! It's terrific news that you have made progress and are getting in the habit of smelling fries as opposed to eating them. Eventually your "rewards" will eventually get to plain cheese pizza. At least that's how I did it. In the early days the rewards were huge calorie items but gradually I cut down the amount of calories. Congratulations to you.

WFEN, I can totally understand the time it takes to convince oneself to start something new.

Trinity, how terrific it is for your family to all be looking to eat healthy. You should be congratulated. I couldn't get easy child to eat a vegetable to save his life. He isn't obese but he has horrid eating habits.

Star, I want the diet you have so I can have a Milky Way Bar. Yum. Must be a great plan.

I'm doing OK. I only put on 2lbs on the cruise and it seems to have fallen off. I'm guessing all the stress and activity with a sick dog has taken a few more off. I feel pretty comfy. I'm able to wear my jeans again without having my circulation cut off. I will still need to tone up but for now, walking is all I can fit in.

Good luck to all of you and it does feel great to see those numbers coming down even when it's .2. Thanks for sharing and being an encouragement.

scent of cedar

Still not smoking. :)

I think it's been something like two weeks.

I'm using the patch. husband has continued to smoke.

I'm surprised at myself!

Barbara

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good for you Barb. You will smell so much better. Maybe husband will follow your example.

LittleDudesMom

Barbara,

Congrats! Two weeks is definately a strong start. I want to quit as well but don't feel like I can remove all my vices at once!!!

Sharon