Week Five has arrived

Wiped Out

Staff member
How is everyone doing?

I'm doing a little better with my food but still struggling a bit. I did lost .6 of a pound last week. I can't believe I actually decided to skip my workout last night just to stay home and relax-that is something I never do. It felt really good and I know I'll get right back to the exercising (although with the snowstorm today it may have to wait until tomorrow).

The best part of my week was yesterday. I wore a pair of gray pants and black top to work and 5 people actually told me how thin and good I was looking! :D

Looking forward to hear how everyone is doing!

JJJ

Well, I haven't been the best at sticking to my plan, but I have lost 6 pounds in the last 5 weeks. Today is the first day of Lent and my goal for the next 40 days to follow an all-natural, vegan, no wheat diet. Growing up Catholic, I know I can accomplish things in these 40 days that are beyond me the rest of the year.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm a little behind all of you since Monday will be the completion of week 4. I'm doing ok food wise. I'm pleased with my progress. I'm only thinking a few pounds at a time so it's not overwhelming or obsessive.
I would like to get a toning routine going but I do a fair amount of walking with the dogs. Most times it's on trails but I wouldn't mind a little quicker pace aerobic work out. It's my next goal to attend just one toning class.
The hardest step is the first one.

Congrats to all of you who are changing for a more healthful life.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm still doing WW for lunch -
Simple breakfast
Taking vitamins (now cut in half 1/2 am - 1/2pm)

And Exercising is hit and miss - I'm really having trouble since difficult child came home sticking to exercising, but all the running around, jumping to conclusions, and chasing after him HAS to count for something.

Brag of the week: I hung up an outfit in October because I couldn't fit it. Size 16. Yesterday just on a whim - I tried it on and wore it (WORE IT) to work. Okay it's polyester - (not as bad as it sounds) and it does stretch - but it wasn't like I was advertising the big bad caboose - it looked nice.

I also resisted : strawberry cake with vanilla frosting, Vanilla cookies, and I've seen DF on the Gazelle. (Looks funny without a saddle.)

Congratulations to all! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

( i keep thinking - KEEP COMING BACK IT WORKS) lol

Hugs
Star:mad:

LittleDudesMom

Hey Everyone!!!

I'm glad Sharon started this thread - my comcast (phone and internet - tv was fine!) has been off since yesterday afternoon.

:yourock:Sharon! Gotta loves those slimming comments!

:salute: JJJ, congrats on your 6 pounds!!!!!! That's a huge deal! And, good luck sticking to your Lenton resolutions.

:treadmill: Fran, I totally agree with the looking at the smaller picture. I've set incremental goals so it doesn't seem so dog-gone overwhelmeing! If you have Comcast, check out the sports and fitness section of OnDemand. They have quite a few good programs and you have the luxury of doing them anytime you want. easy child and I even did a toning workout with one of Hugh's girls next door the other day :redface:!

:cutie_pie: Star, both you and Sharon fitting into outfits!!! I'd say you are doing fabulous! Keep up the jumping, chasing and running :tongue:.

I have to say that I had a really great week!! I wasn't expecting as much of a loss when I weighed in at WW last night since I had such a biggie the week before, but I was wrong. I lost another 4.2 (same loss as last week) for a total of 16.2 pounds in four weeks (like Fran, I'm a week behind everyone else). easy child lost 1.8 and her friend who joined last week lost exactly 5 in her first week! There were celebrations all around last night :woohoo:.

So things continue to be good here on the homefront with easy child and I working together, cooking together, and now using the ondemand of comcast to do some interesting work out routines. They have a good 19 minute home walking one too.

Congrats to everyone! Keep up the good work.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yay! LDM that's awesome.
I will have to look into the On Demand stuff. I know the button but haven't used it yet. LOL.
I'm so tickled with your success and everyone else's, of course.
Give easy child a hug from me. She is really learning good patterns.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well the little bit I lost before sick and the bunch I lost when I was sick is now back and it brought friends. I am beyond unhappy at the moment. I have to rethink some things.

Glad everyone else is doing so well.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
JJJ-Congrats on the 6 pound lost-that's awesome:bravo:

Fran-A few pounds at a time is the best way to do it! It's great you are walking the dogs so much:pet: The toning class sounds like a great idea!

Star-How fun to be able to wear the dress:cutie_pie:Way To Go on resisting all those foods-it always feels good to be able to do that!

Sharon-How awesome to have already lost 16.2 pounds and that's with the superbowl!:congrats:Good for easy child and her friend too!:laughing:

Beth-Sorry the pounds came back after being sick but be gentle with yourself. I always thought it was unfair when the weight I lost from being sick came back! :not_fair: Remember not too get down on yourself. Tomorrow is a new day. Hugs.

Sue C

Congrat's to all who are doing well. I've fallen off the wagon...not in what I'm eating or not eating but in that I barely drink 1 bottle of water/day. What has gotten into me? (or rather what has NOT gotten into me---the water) I have not walked, either. Crummy weather. And I've lost my ambition/momentum to lose. :(

sue

I'm kinda like you, Sue. A couple weeks ago I was really down to hardly any food in the house, and it was mac & cheese for a few days. That was hard to break once I got back out to the store. I do have a lot of healthy food in the house, but what I find myself doing is eating just that...a LOT of healthy food.

Like, it's supposed to be OK because it is healthy? It is still a lot of food.

I'm on this big hummus kick. Man that is good stuff. Also Tink & I have switched to whole wheat pasta, which I have to say is VERY filling (I only eat about half what I normally do). And I found a new favorite flavored yogurt... Yoplait passionfruit. ZOMG it is tasty.

Anyone else having issues like me...erm, let's see. How do I want to word this. Sudden change in diet...veggies, grains, beans...
...and now a lot of rooty toot tooting??

:bag:

trinityroyal

BBK, the...erm...toot factor is common when you make changes to your diet. Your digestive tract doesn't quite know what hit it, and you get a few "surprises". This will settle down in a week or 2 once your body has adjusted.

Congratulations to everyone for keeping up with the program.

Beth, please be gentle with yourself. When you lose weight because of illness, your body feels starved and tries to hoard whatever you eat when you're feeling better. Right now it's probably more important to get your health in order, than to worry about the pounds. When your strength is back up then you can start thinking about it again.

The good:
I have been working hard on the Pilates, and am starting to regain strength and flexibility. The balance exercise I was working on no longer makes me tip over, and I'm getting better at some actual exercises on the fit-ball, rather than just bouncing around on it.

I have been packing lunch, snacks, tea bags and milk and taking them to the office with me every day. Not only is it helping my health, but it's also saving me lots of money, since I have no excuse to go to the food court (and the shops next to the food court) at lunch time.

The bad:
husband brought me home a box of chocolate bars from Costco and I ate the whole thing. I was whining about missing chocolate, not because I wanted to actually have any but because I just felt like complaining. Next thing I knew...there it was. I don't think husband was deliberately trying to sabotage me, just to keep me sweet, but golly!

We had a long talk about the fact that sometimes I just need to complain, but he doesn't have to fix it for me, and not to bring chocolate into the house anymore because I WILL eat it (ALL of it).

Because of the packed lunches, the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. The blouse that I had fit back into without pinching 2 weeks ago is pinching again, but I can still fit into the "skinny" jeans. Sigh.

I am motivated to keep going, and get back on track.

Trinity

I haven't lost any more weight but am still eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise. And, I've been planning my evening snacks!!! For me, this was a big obstacle to overcome. While I don't think planning my evening snacks has become a habit yet, I know that if I give it a bit more time, it will become a habit, like exercise is for me.

Physically I feel really good. I notice that my clothes are fitting a bit better too. I'm going to continue eating healthy and exercising. As I mentioned last week, I don't think the last three pounds are going to come off easy, especially now that I'm in menopause.

I'm going to concentrate this week on finding my "authentic self" again. This has been a major problem for me for quite some time. I'm picking up a copy of Simple Abundance at the library today. I've already started writing down things I'm grateful for at the end of each day. I'm looking forward to carving out some time this weekend to sit in a comfortable chair, with my difficult child cat, and favorite sanity saver, sipping tea, and reading the book.

And, for those of you who have fallen off the wagon, just the fact you're writing about it here, means you haven't really given up. Don't be too hard on yourselves!!! Dust yourselves off and hop back on. Healthy living is a lifestyle... YOU CAN DO IT!!!

And, for all of you who have made such great progress - :happyguy::jumphappy::bravo::yourock::its_all_good: WFEN

M

ML

I'm 4 weeks behind :) BUT, I have one week under my belt now and lost 2 pounds! I am breaking up goals into 3 pound increments with a reward after each three. I think the loss will be about a pound a week. It is the support of this group that convince me I could do it!