Weekend plans

Californiablonde

This weekend easy child is coming over for his visit. I am excited to see him. The last time I saw him was last Sunday, very briefly, when I picked up difficult child from her dad's. I am still trying to get used to seeing him only every other weekend. It's a big adjustment. It does make me value my time more with him now though, I think. Tomorrow we will be trying out the pool at our new apartment. Spring time weather has officially hit us in So Cal so we will be taking advantage of the warmer weather. Saturday night is movie night so we will order take out and watch TV together. Sunday my boyfriend, the kids and I will be meeting my mom for church then lunch after. So that's my weekend in a nutshell. So what do y'all have planned for the weekend?

trinityroyal

Tonight I'm going to a cocktail party hosted by a charity for which I do a lot of volunteer work. I'd really rather not, as I'd rather spend the evening at home with husband. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a fundraiser or in support of the charity's work, but it's more of a hob-nobbing sort of party. Still, it's a command performance, so I'll put on my glad-rags and heels, and smile and schmooze.

The rest of the weekend will be spent running around the yard with small, medium and large children. No structure, no schedules. Yay!

Californiablonde

Oh yes I forgot to add there will be plenty of housework and laundry tomorrow too. But I plan on getting it done early so we can enjoy the rest of the afternoon by the pool. I need to start working on my tan. I'm usually super dark by the time June rolls around. Right now I'm white as a ghost. I better get on it!

InsaneCdn

... so we can enhoy the rest of the afternoon by the pool...

And WE, meanwhile, will spend the "rest of the afternoon"... shoveling snow.

Working on your TAN? Might happen here in... July, if we're lucky.

Californiablonde

Oh okay. Bummer. I get cold super easy so I'm glad I live where I do with no snow. Coldest it gets here is maybe in the forties at night, and to me that's cold!

InsaneCdn

Try... minus forties, in the middle of winter... <grin>

Actually, it really only gets to us when it gets drawn out too far - like this spring. We're having fantasic weather... for March.

JKF

Tonight my husband and I worked out in the yard while having a couple of (well deserved) cocktails. After - I played frisbee with easy child/difficult child for a bit then we ordered Chinese. Watching TV and relaxing now.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting my hair cut. After that going to lunch with the boys and then in the evening to a birthday bash for a friend ours.

Sunday just gardening and yard work. Then a nap. A big LONG nap!

SuZir

I will be raking my lawn, washing and oiling porch, making beds for my vegetable garden and all that stuff. And in Sunday I will open my running racing season. Only 10k for a beginning and small event in neighbour town.

Californiablonde

Well difficult child pretty much ruined my weekend. She was defiant, argumentative, whiny, and obstinate the whole two days. Saturday I did get in about an hour of suntanning while the kids went swimming so that was relaxing. The rest of the time was spent trying to make difficult child happy and nothing worked. My boyfriend got a huge dose of her bipolar instablilty this weekend. So it should be interesting to see how long he can tolerate it. It wasn't easy for me and I'm her parent. I am definitely looking forward to a difficult child-free weekend this coming Friday night.

nerfherder

... so we can enhoy the rest of the afternoon by the pool...

And WE, meanwhile, will spend the "rest of the afternoon"... shoveling snow.

Working on your TAN? Might happen here in... July, if we're lucky.

Our spring can't ever seem to make up its mind, but that's the Great Basin for you. We had close to record highs the last two days, today was a high in the 60's with lots of wind, just before sunset we had a wall of grey dust blow through ("Dorothy! Dorothy!") and tonight we're getting lows just below freezing.

I hear about 14 years ago it snowed here in July.

But whenever I get tired of our weather I ping a friend who lives up in Whitehorse. :) I complained about our constant highs in the 20's (degrees F) and he answered "Yeah, we've been having a mild winter too."

InsaneCdn

A bit ironic, that... Whitehorse HAS had a mild winter... a LOT milder than us, and we're quite a ways south of them. Ours? one of the coldest and longest on record, and not over yet, and it's MAY. Haven't even had our April showers yet.

Californiablonde

Our weather was perfect over the weekend. Mid seventies, sunny, and a nice little breeze. Now I'm complaining cause it dropped down into the sixties and I'm cold! I guess I'm just a spoiled rotten southern California gal.