Weight loss update and ?

Californiablonde

So even after cheating big time on Labor Day weekend due to stress eating, I found out on Saturday that I still managed to lose 2 more pounds. I am very happy and relieved. So far that makes sixteen pounds total. My immediate goal was to lose 20 pounds this summer, so I didn't quite make it. Still I am happy that I have continued to lose weight and haven't gained at all since starting my diet. I still have 30 more pounds till I get to my goal weight, but for now I'm happy I'm making progress, at least as far as the scale is showing. What has me baffled, however, is that my size fourteen jeans that I started out in are still tight on me. I used to drop seven or eight pounds and go down a whole size, but now I don't see any difference at all in how my clothes fit after sixteen whole pounds. I thought for sure I would have dropped down to a size twelve by now, but nope. Size fourteen and they're not even loose. So far I've had three people tell me they noticed I lost weight. One is my mom and two are my coworkers. Ironically, the first person to notice is the same coworker who called me fat last year. But anyway, I'm just wondering why I am still in the same size after dropping of sixteen pounds. Is it my age? I would think that since I've lost weight, I would be losing inches as well. Turns out, not so much.

JKF

Congrats CB! I've also lost 16 recently. It's such a nice feeling isn't it?? For the longest time the scale was only moving up no matter what I did and it was so frustrating. Anyway, as for the pants size not going down is it possible that you could be bloated from a food sensitivity? I was having the same problem - I lost weight everywhere but my belly and my pants were always tight. For me, I learned that certain foods cause bloating - dairy and wheat are #1. I was shocked bc I have always eaten both and never put two and two together. My nutritionist recommended limiting both and my pants are definitely more loose these days. I don't look *as* pregnant anymore and I feel great. It's a work in progress but physically I feel better than I have in a while.

Californiablonde

Congrats on your weight loss too, JFK. I don't eat much dairy because I don't like dairy foods and I don't eat very much bread, either. I do make spaghetti once a week, though. Perhaps it's the wheat in the pasta?

InsaneCdn

For most people, the first drop in weight is not fat loss, but excess water loss. Fast foods and convenience foods are very high in sodium, and sodium leads to water retention. That may explain PART of the "not losing around the middle".

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
CB, I am noticing my pants fit dfferently but I haven't lost any weight... Perhaps it is where you are losing it from?

InsaneCdn

AnnieO... muscle weighs more than fat... but takes less space. Maybe you're getting into "shape" now that you have to chase Rose all over the place?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL IC, yes and no. I am still far far above my ideal weight... And still tucking the waistband under the baby belly.

Californiablonde

Well I guess I'm just not losing it in my stomach. The first place I lose/gain weight is in my chest. Since gaining this weight I went from wearing a size 34D to a 36DD. My bra does feel a bit looser so maybe I am losing it there. Go figure. I really want to lose it in my lower half because that's where most of this darn weight is!