Weird! I found myself running to get a snack!

The other day, after my difficult child's tantrum I found myself running to the
pantry to get a snack. Wasn't even hungry. Just emotional eating.

I am on a diet and I am noticing my eating habits which by the way have gotten way out of control.

I am so going to try to get ahold of this problem and find another way to relieve my stress!

:thumb:

Thank you for this board whoever started it. It is a godsend and I am learning so much from you guys.:fan: I hope to be able to help you ladies someday. Right now I am just learning that we have a problem that needs to be fixed!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Butterfly,
I can definitely relate to eating after a tantrum of difficult child's. A lot of time these days I can catch myself in emotional eating and stop. Other times it isn't so easy.

Good for you for noticing that you weren't hungry!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I found myself doing this all the time.

For emergency purposes I keep a healthy alternative to grab in times of stress. The stress isn't going away anytime soon. If I need to grab something after a kt meltdown I always have popcorn (my favorite healthy treat) popped. I'll grab a cup. Sometimes, I grab a yogurt.

I go for a healthy alternative if I find myself going for the emotional eating. I know I'm doing the emotional thing - I know it's not the "right" response to the situation, but at least I'm making a healthy choice.

LittleDudesMom

When I get stressed by difficult child issues, I immediately go outside and smoke a cig. If I give those up now, I'm sure I would be standing in front of the pantry.

I'm really trying to work on my movement issues and my eating issues right now. Hopefully other vices will follow once these become a lifestyle.

Sharon