Weird... phone message/photo???

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
This is a typical weird family thing... Yesterday husband was checking his cell phone and turned it on. A photo came up. He thought it was a wrong number... but her looked at it again, no message just initials with upside down question marks, like in spanish. Which I don't even know how to do on a key board!!!

He looks at the picture again and it looks familiar, my brother??? He calls me in and asks me if it is him? I take one look at yep it is him... it has his initials at the bottom with the upside down questions marks on either side.
The photos looks distorted or cropped???

So the photo is of him holding a huge knife, covered in blood and he looks psychotic?!?!!? He has a name tag on with his name on it. It is a gross picture very disturbing. Not funny.
I am trying to be rational and know that my brother is slightly disturbed, he has Narcissitic Personality Disorder along with a mood disorder and much addiction. He is very twisted... so this could be an idea of a joke, kind of close to Halloween???

But we have not spoken in almost 2 years, I have talked to his girlfriend in the last year. Neither one of them has husband cell phone??? We don't know the number that sent it? and why is there no message???

I hate stuff like this... my family is so lame?!?! If it is a joke, it is stupid.
Any thoughts, or ways to find out the number without calling it???

susiestar

Roll With It
Honey, this sounds disturbing. Your bro has a mental disorder. Maybe it would be a good idea to try to have the police check it out?

Or at least call your cell phone provider and ask them to trace the sender for you, that might let you know the number with-o having to call it.

I am sorry. GFGbro's can be hard to handle. been there done that, but much better now for us.

Be very careful. This could be interpreted as a threat and you have a family to protect. For a small fee any info can be gotten off of the internet.

Hugs,

Susie

everywoman

I don't know if your carrier works the same as mine, but I can call another numbers voicemail from my phone without calling their phone---I dial my voicemail #. I have the option of leaving a message in another voicemail #---you can hear their voicemail message without them seeing your #. Or---you can set your phone to private # and call them from your phone and the # won't show up! (Can you tell I have teens!)

Steely

I would be so disturbed by this! Yikes! Not sure what to tell you, except I would not take it as a joke, especially if you have not talked to him in 2 years. I would take it seriously, and take the appropriate action.

goldenguru

I would at least talk to the girlfriend and see what his emotional status is. Maybe this is some warped cry for help. A knife covered in blood is way beyond some warped joke ...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well we tracked the phone number to the same town he lives in... 45 minutes south of us.
I am going to e-mail his girlfriend again... I did a couple of weeks ago. They were splitting up again for who knows what time! Then she had wrote back that they were talking, long story and to call her. That was it? I don't have a number though....

So who knows. I will write her again and just ask how she and the boys are? I am not going to push it... Knowing my brother this is his idea of funny... HA HA HA look at me I'm psychotic!?!?! He actually thinks it is funny to push the envelope. See how far he can take himself!!!
This reminds of Midwest Mom's words... something about just taking care of yourself and children, not letting the highs and lows get out of control so you can live life!!!

I know I can't live like that anymore... I hate when I become hypomanic. But I think my brother tries to still find that high...