Welcome Diabolique

tiredmommy

Nah! Nah! I came in 11th in the National French Contest in 8th grade, lol! :rofl:

(Of course it helps to use babel fish as that was over 25 years ago!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I feed (boring) Lab Locks and mix in cheerios, fruity parrot food, oats, noodles, a smathering of cat food, any left over cereal (I know I know - but still who can resist Kix?) I tried and ordered Harland and they wouldn't eat it. I've been pretty good about keeping everyone on a well-rounded and nutritious diet. I feed Nutro to our dogs and the rats won't have a thing to do with that either.

They get a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, and frozen peas. And Yogies. They are NUTS for 1 yogie at bedtime.

Had to curb the "Here want an Oreo" thing - worried about Albert but laughed out loud when you said "Wheel-fest" starting at 10:30 PM - here too! Like clockwork.

I have 2 huge WodentWheels and for plastic they sure make noise. DF used to say Albert was like the heavy lady at the gym. She'd go if no one else saw her in workout clothes. Albert and I (as I am heavy) both took offense to that, but bless his little heart - he still exercises. I got him a ferret leash and harness to try to get him more exercise and he loves to go for walks.

We were walking one night and a cop pulled up in the yard. He said he had never seen such a small dog. I picked Albert up and said - "It's not it's a rat." and the look on his face was priceless. He couldn't believe a rat would walk on a leash. I tried to explain how intelligent they are, but words fell on deaf ears. He was still too amazed to see a rat on a leash. Kept waiting for the Korn reference - Freak on a leash - but that's my Am. Bulldog. And NO ONE stops to see him. NOT ever.

Oh and the cat? She'll play with Albert, but got rough with one of my girls once and the other girl rat literally rolled the cat. Freaked the cat out so bad, she steered clear of the rats for a long time. (I have it on video somehwere) or did.

Maybe I'll give the old goosemoose a chance again. It wasn't that I felt like I didn't belong - it was more like "IF THAT is how they are going to treat members I didn't want to be a part." so I chose to leave. I could have fired back, but my thought again - Rats aren't my whole life but they make my life whole.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Diabolique,
J'ai pensé à vous aujourd'hui tandis qu'au parc! Le professeur français local de lycée enseigne également le français conversationnel à Duckie'; école de s. En outre, he'; s offrant une classe hebdomadaire d'une heure au parc. Il célébrera le jour de Bastile pendant la prochaine classe en apportant sa guillotine pour les enfants!

Stop this insanity. You could be talking about us behind our backs and we wouldn't even know. I don't even know where you type some of those marks.;)

Diabolique...you've found a home. We're a nutty bunch, but a knowledgeable bunch.

Abbey

nvts

CUT THAT OUT!!!!! Four years of French and president of the French club and I just don't understand any of that any more.

I do! I do! ahem...ready?... aaahhheeeemmmm...

"Michele? Anne? Vous travelier?"

"Oui!"

Ok, impressed? Ahhhhh, I can hear the applause! Who would have guessed I haven't looked at French since 1981?

I'm a natural, I am!

Welcome!

Beth

Diabolique

I must say, I am thoroughly enjoying all the fun with French on here! I started learning French in 7th grade and was instantly hooked. I came home from school that day and told my mom I wanted to be a French teacher -- no joke! And, here I am, 56465466 years later, a French teacher. I started learning Spanish in 10th grade, and then picked up German when I used to be married to a German citizen. I'm good at languages, but WOW, I am a math disaster! When my students are having difficulty learning either French and Spanish and ask me how it is that I'm so good at languages, I always tell them that I would bet my eyes that every single kid in the class is good at something that I am not able to do at all. Maybe it's math, or drawing, or skateboarding, who knows? We all have our gift. Mine is the ability to learn languages. Let me just tell you how grateful I am for online banking, though -- arrrrrgh balancing the checkbook!

Star -- It sounds like what you feed your rats is much like what I feed mine. They get HT lab blocks, Kashi 7 grain puff cereal, Total cereal, whole grain Cheerios, raw tri-colored pasta squiggles (can't think of what the shape is called), and fresh fruits and veggies about every other day. Of course, they get Yogies, and I occasionally give them chicken, tuna, and eggs. My oldest boy is about 10 months old, so he might be close to full-grown. The others are 5.5 months and 7.5 months, so they've still got some growing to do. Unfortunately, I have to keep my dogs completely away when I have the rats out in the evening. I have hunting dogs -- RAT TERRIERS -- and they are VERY interested in the rats. One of my dogs paces in front of the cages and licks her chops. Good thing the dogs are short and the cages are high up!

About goosemoose, some of the people there really can be a bit much sometimes. They forget that knowledge doesn't come overnight and that everyone has to learn somewhere. Because I have seen certain people jump all over people who ask questions, I have gotten into the habit of using the search box to see if my question has been already been answered before I post it in a thread. Nobody likes to get jumped on when they're just trying to learn. Don't we all get jumped on enough in real life? Who needs it from a bunch of faceless people on an online forum?!?

Hope everyone is having a great day thusfar. I'm pleased to report that it's 8:02am and I haven't had to do battle with my son yet. This might be a record!

Marguerite

OK, I can understand reading French and even hearing it, but I'm not fast enough at writing it to cope. And Spanish - we don't use it here in Australia. We use Malay, Japanese, some Chinese, far more than Spanish.

So what did they teach us at school? French. German. Latin. Italian, maybe. Nothing Asian.

Thank goodness for Babelfish!

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
This thread is cracking me up. Poor Diaboligue. We'll scare her off like I scare off my trainees. (Secret: We're really a bunch of nut cases that have desperately tried dealing with their kids. It's taken a toll.)

And, no, I've never taken French or Spanish. I did grow up speaking German, but that was forbidden in my house when we entered school. Don't remember a lick of it.

So, you guys can talk all your fancy language and I'll go hide in my corner.

Abbey

Diabolique

Nah, Abbey, there's no scaring me off now! I think I've found a bunch of nutcases like myself :D. It must be that dealing with our kids has made us all this way!

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Welcome to the board Diabolique.

I am going to type in English as my French lesson was in junior high (way too long ago).

I had a headache after reading Abbey's post. My eyes were crossed LOL.

Anyway, welcome to the board.