Welcome Nutzola

smallworld

(Mary, I've copied your post into a separate thread so other posters can welcome you and offer suggestions -- smallworld)

Hi Everyone, I am new here, but I faced with the decision of my life.... My difficult child has wore me down to the point I am ready lose my mind. I am so exhausted and have run out of options. He has ADHD with anxiety and is on Ritilin and Zoloft. We go to his MD today and I have NO idea what he will decide. How do you continue to go on?? I feel like my heart is ripping out of my chest. Any suggestions?
Thank you, Mary

smallworld

Mary, welcome! I'm sorry you're feeling so worn down. I hope we can offer some suggestions to help you and your difficult child.

Sorry for the questions, but your answers will help us point you in the right direction.
What kind of doctor diagnosed your difficult child? What kind of doctor is treating him?
Are the medications making him worse? What behaviors are you seeing?
Any history of substance abuse or mental health issues in the family tree?
How does he do in school, both academically and with peers?

Again, welcome. You will find a lot of support here.

Coookie

Mary,

Welcome to another Minnesotan. :smile: You are where so many of us were when we came to this board. You are not alone. We are all dealing with difficult kds (or adult kds). I can tell from your post that you are at the end of your rope...hang on. You will get a lot of care and good information here. Read some of the threads, and keep posting. We care and sharing our pain with each other helps us continue on.

Hugs

slsh

member since 1999
Hi Mary and welcome! Glad you found us!

How old is your difficult child? How's he doing in school, with peers, etc? I know this is a silly question :wink: but what behaviors are challenging you the most right now?

Hang in there - it's sometimes really difficult to keep everything in balance with our challenging kids, but you've found a great support here. Again, welcome!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi Mary,

Sending you some "feel good and revive" dust - We sure know where you are!

Glad you found us.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hello Mary and welcome. The emotions when dealing with a difficult child who is out of control are pretty intense. Take a breath.
Tell us more. You are obviously on the path of trying to seek professional help.
We will be happy to share our experiences, suggestions and support. You are not alone anymore.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hi Mary! Welcome to us, and I am sending extra cyber-rope. It sure is easy to lose it with our kids.

What behaviors are you seeing? Have the medications made it better, or worse?

What docs and therapists have you tried, are you seeing?

I strongly recommend reading "The Explosive Child" by Ross Greene and taking a look around http://www.loveandlogic.com and reading the books they have that might help.

I know many of us have gotten a lot of help from the Ross Greene book, and Love & Logic has given me a bit more rope at times.

Sending some Hugs,

Susie