Welcome to Blue Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Wow, you just described my son and my battle. I had to move my son to a different school to get him an IEP and even now they resist acknowledging his need for more help.
He is classified learning disabled on his IEP, but has just been dianosesed with ODD. More resting to come sonn ofr Autism and ADHD, but the school was NO help with that, I had to fight for it in spite of them.

The general concensus is that the schools do not want IEP's for children and will not encourage help for special needs kids unless they have glaringly obvious issues like maybe Downs Syndrome and such.
This is because IEP children cost more than the children sitting next to them.

I have endured 9 years of being sent to parenting classes and being told that the only thing wrong with my child is that I am an ineffective parent. No-one in those classes had a clue what to do with a child like mine though. I have had to fight tooth and nail to be heard.

Good luck to you, keep advocating for your child!

It sounds like you have one of those nasty school districts. Hopefully this year will go better. So glad you joined us here!

B

Bluemoon

It sounds like you have one of those nasty school districts. Hopefully this year will go better. So glad you joined us here!

Thank you JJJ, I am learning my way around and look forward to getting to know you all better.

Status
Not open for further replies.