Well, dammit - I failed the glucose test...

greenrene

Since I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy, my ob/gyn wanted to do an early glucose test (1-hour) on me this time - I'm 16 weeks now. I failed. $%#$%$#@#!!!!!! I'm not surprised, but I'm very disappointed. GD is such a PIA!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I failed the 1-hour one and had to do the 3-hour one. I still have trouble with orange soda now. Blech! Fortunately the 3-hour one I passed, but... Sigh. Yeah, GD is awful and a pita, but knowing early is better than running into problems! :hugs:

L

Liahona

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I missed something and didn't know (or my weird brain didn't retain it.)

LittleDudesMom

I'm with Liahona, I must have missed something!! Congrats on the pregnancy! And I do agree with the others, the knowing is better than the not.

*Sharon

greenrene

I went for my appointment with the NP today and got all my blood sugar testing stuff... This will be doable. A PIA to track everything, but doable. Getting ready to stick my finger now... Thanks for the support, everyone.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad they tested you early. It is so risky if you have it and don't know it. Kudos to the doctor for being aware! I am sorry you have to deal with it, but it will be worth it in the end.